Carbon Wheel Failure!!! 😲😟😭

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
i was thinking bout riding Palm Canyon Epic this fall. I would be riding alone. Would it be unwise to do this trail on a solo ride?

It just depends. I wouldn't recommend that anyone solo Palm Canyon, but it really depends on your level of skill and risk tolerance. Trailforks rates much of the trail Black Diamond, and some Double Black. There's also route finding to consider. So you need to ask yourself if you're totally solid and comfortable being in the middle of the desert, a dozen miles from the nearest road, uncertain of where you are or what lies ahead. If you jam a stick through your rim, no one will be there to rescue you, and the rattlesnakes and ants just laugh. It's called "epic" for a reason. But if you're a good rider, this is a fun trail you'll not soon forget.

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
It just depends. I wouldn't recommend that anyone solo Palm Canyon, but it really depends on your level of skill and risk tolerance. Trailforks rates much of the trail Black Diamond, and some Double Black. There's also route finding to consider. So you need to ask yourself if you're totally solid and comfortable being in the middle of the desert, a dozen miles from the nearest road, uncertain of where you are or what lies ahead. If you jam a stick through your rim, no one will be there to rescue you, and the rattlesnakes and ants just laugh. It's called "epic" for a reason. But if you're a good rider, this is a fun trail you'll not soon forget.
I appreciate the feedback. I’ll wait until I can ride it with someone. After a gnarly crash a couple years ago, I am more hesitant to be far from trailheads riding difficult trails by myself. Too much can go wrong.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles