Can't set up 160mm Rockshox RL 35 Gold on my new Ghost Essential

daddyo

Sep 15, 2019
Brno, Czech Republic
Hey folks. Got myself a new Ghost ASX Essential 160. Great ebike ( shame about the annoying Bosch rattle) but the very basic Rockshox RL 35 Gold is impossible to set up. I have tried many times to set up with variations of the recommeneded 85 psi pressure, rebound clicks and compression and it just keeps making a loud swooshing noise when compressing and decompressing. Very annoying. Anybody else here has a similar problem ? Never had such a loud fork like this and I wonder if it is faulty or just normal as it is a budget fork. Thank for your input.

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
QC on this product seems to be poor - there are several threads on here, mainly complaining about stiction.
I had a poor performing Gold 35 which went back to SRAM to be fixed - it suffered both stiction and the whooshing sound you described - it's much better now, however, it's still a low end fork, so don't expect real precise control.

Tone461

Nov 29, 2020
West Midlands
I rebuilt my GF's forks on her Cube using the info on here which was defiantly an improvement over standard but ultimately sold them and went to a Fox 34 which was just way better in every way. Give it a try though, you may find its enough for you.

daddyo

Sep 15, 2019
Brno, Czech Republic
Yes thanks for the info. I should have gone for the Ghost ASX Universal with a much better fork but it was already all sold out. I will look for a replacement. It is a very stiff fork anyway and I will send it for warranty repair and then sell it. Last three ebikes I bought all had warranty issues from new. Very bad QC all round on products that aren't cheap...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles