CANNOCK CHASE " THE SEQUEL " 28th of July ( it's about time )

AndyH

Jun 23, 2019
Portsmouth
looks like about 9 of us with my mate Jonny
Not sure if billwarwick or Morton are going to make it .....you will have to let us know
Looking forward to meeting AndyH as one of the newer members, especially as he’s coming all the way from Portsmouth.
I’m sure you will have a great day at Cannock chase...we always do ?
Really looking forward to meeting you all- been riding alone for far too long so sure I am slower, crapper and more cautious than anyone else.....
Unfortunately I did collect a massive split in my rear tyre today bouncing along a flint path. Gonna need a new tyre but fingers crossed all will be sorted for the trip up....?

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
Really looking forward to meeting you all- been riding alone for far too long so sure I am slower, crapper and more cautious than anyone else.....
Unfortunately I did collect a massive split in my rear tyre today bouncing along a flint path. Gonna need a new tyre but fingers crossed all will be sorted for the trip up....?

You’ll have to compete with me for slowest and most cautious ?

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
I see the forecast has flipped on it’s head again

6F620D30-0582-44BB-9294-87F40EE9FCAF.png

MrDuece

Jun 7, 2019
East Midlands, UK
Hi all. Can’t join you this time due to not having a bike (!) but plans are afoot so hopefully next time. I live near Derby so Cannock is my nearest trail centre. Have a good one.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Tomorrow is not looking great. Do you want to reschedule?

It's been raining quite a lot all night and today. It's not due to stop until Monday morning. The trails will be shit because it's been so dry and this much rain won't soak in.

What you think?

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
I’m still up for going, but if your not going AMC, i wouldn’t be able to find the trails off piste.
See what others say
Or we could do the Dog & Monkey, they would be wet but rideable

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
I’m pissed off because I’ve really been looking forward to this, especially as there’s a couple of folks coming who would be joining me at the back of the pack?. I’ve got a shoulder injury that is still giving me stick. It’s ok in the normal riding position but if I were to fall off and land on it , it would be game over and the wet conditions make that quite likely. Don’t think I can take the risk really, would have been ok if dry.
I’m not wimping out because of the rain. I was there for the wet one when AMC only managed to get a few hundred yards before his chain got mangled into the rear wheel. Now that was a wet day!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I'm still nursing a sprained shoulder so I'm happy to reschedule.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Well it's still raining. Roads and paths flooded. That's nearly 24 hours and the BBC have it stopping at 1am Monday.

I'm not pussying out, I've really been looking forward to this as I've not been out much the last fortnight. The thing for me is a can't just peel off and go home if it's shit or I'm fed up being wet as I'm the map lol.

I can do most Sundays in August if you wanna reschedule. I can move things around too, as I do like this group ride...

How depressing, Monday is the only day in the next fortnight that's not raining. Wtf!

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
Sounds like it might be better to reschedule then, I hope AndyH is going to see this he was coming up from Portsmouth

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
A message to AndyH if you have driven up today and you are stopping in a hotel or B&B, then me and John will still meet you at the arranged time and place and we will take you round the monkey & dog, I would hate for you to have traveled all that way not to go out.......if you haven’t let me know and we can rearrange another time when the weather is better for the whole group to ride out again ?
Please post a reply before 9 o’clock tonight so I can confirm with my mate.
Cheers ?

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
A message to AndyH if you have driven up today and you are stopping in a hotel or B&B, then me and John will still meet you at the arranged time and place and we will take you round the monkey & dog, I would hate for you to have traveled all that way not to go out.......if you haven’t let me know and we can rearrange another time when the weather is better for the whole group to ride out again ?
Please post a reply before 9 o’clock tonight so I can confirm with my mate.
Cheers ?

Maybe send over a PM too, he should get an email then.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
reschedule sounds good to me.
looking at future dates I don't think I can do next sunday as im supposed to be at Ard Rock Enduro manning the Burgtec stand

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
Me & John are up for FOD tomorrow if anybody else is ?
Jet set demo if you wanted to come to my house you can put your bike in our van we have a spare space in the holder, I only live in burton which would save you having to go on your own ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles