CANNOCK CHASE " THE SEQUEL " 28th of July ( it's about time )

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
I’m 50/50 coming. Got a shoulder injury that’s giving me grief, so will have to see if it improves in time. Anyone remember what distance you did last time out?
Also thinking of hiring a full sus for the day from Swinnerton’s . How long to ride from Swinnerton’s to White House?

AndyH

Jun 23, 2019
Portsmouth
No Andy you don't need to be concerned ?
Just come along, have a good laugh ?
We've seen your picture so we know your not super fit ?
Middle aged is quite young for some of us ☠️
If you could bring some oxygen that would be nice ?
And make sure your battery is charged ⚡
YOU WILL LOVE IT ❤️
Thanks Gents - really looking forward to it -gonna try and get some practice in at the Surrey hills today....

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
I’m 50/50 coming. Got a shoulder injury that’s giving me grief, so will have to see if it improves in time. Anyone remember what distance you did last time out?
Also thinking of hiring a full sus for the day from Swinnerton’s . How long to ride from Swinnerton’s to White House?
Probably about 10 minutes to get from the shop to the whitehouse
Think we did about 17 / 18 miles something like that

Last edited:

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
Don’t think I’ll be able to make that date, shame. All depends on the state of my tooth (or lack of) that’s being removed that week.

I’m hoping to go on the chase before the tooth removal lol in case I don’t get out on the bike for a while afterwards.

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
Did you say tooth removal or a leg, if it's just a tooth I'm sure you could ride back from the dentist's and on to Cannock chase and do a lap of the monkey & dog no problem.

Lol will have to see how it heals, last one I had out didn’t heal very quickly but if it goes better I’m up for slowing everyone down on the 28th ?

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Fuck that! I'm going over it will a bulldozer and flattening all the climbs!
Can anyone advise?.... as I am errrrr, “middle aged“ and only riding my bike for 3 months, do I need to be:
  • Concerned
  • Insured
  • Super-fit
  • Carrying oxygen?
No to all the above. I've selected a less challenging route but still fun. Will explain all features and trails coming up and no one gets left behind.... Well except JetSet because everyone was enjoying it too much and wanted a second run of the bike park trail.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Ten minutes tops. Jump on road if you want to save battery and/or not get lost. Leave birches, turn left up hill. follow up hill around left hander, car park is 200yds on right.

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
AMC have you been round the course and sprayed white arrows on the floor, I only ask because me and Jonny went to try and find it again with his new sat nav and there was all these arrows marking some of the trails?

Tunny

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
May 29, 2018
Birmingham
Hey guys sorry it's been a while for reply I've had a bit going on lately.

I'm good for the rideout ??

Also, I've seen alot of chat on a Facebook group that Bike Park Cannock has been flattened in the last day or two. Not sure how true it is but the comments seemed legit

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
AMC have you been round the course and sprayed white arrows on the floor, I only ask because me and Jonny went to try and find it again with his new sat nav and there was all these arrows marking some of the trails?
There was an event up there for runners. Saw said arrows last night.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Hey guys sorry it's been a while for reply I've had a bit going on lately.

I'm good for the rideout

Also, I've seen alot of chat on a Facebook group that Bike Park Cannock has been flattened in the last day or two. Not sure how true it is but the comments seemed legit
False.

Hit it last night.

Probably to stop people going there or trying to find it. Dunno.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I did try them but I didn't get on with them. I found the flats on @JetSetDemo spare Levo more to my liking (but still not as good as my Nukeproofs).

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Looks like it might be a bit wet on Sunday, but at least it’s going to be warm ish
Dry all day now.

I'd be looking at long sleeve Jersey as the ferns and brambles are mental this year. Some of the trails are suffering.

I held a trail maintenance night last week and got 12 of us for 2.5 hours clearing a trail that was previously unrideable

There were spades, electric trimmers, machete's the lot... And beers
2042376369.jpg

Mad Mark

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Nov 2, 2018
Burton on Trent
looks like about 9 of us with my mate Jonny
Not sure if billwarwick or Morton are going to make it .....you will have to let us know
Looking forward to meeting AndyH as one of the newer members, especially as he’s coming all the way from Portsmouth.
I’m sure you will have a great day at Cannock chase...we always do ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles