Levo Gen 2 Cane Creek DBair IL

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Anyone tried this shock...specifically as fitted to a Levo ( my19 Comp)?. I am looking to upgrade the existing RS Deluxe and really wanted to avoid the piggyback options so originally looked at the RS Deluxe Ultimate and that is certainly an option. The Cane Creek is a bout the same price but has a lot more adjustability. I have already upgraded the fork to a Lyric Ultimate 160mm and the shock is well overdue for a service so considering just upgrading it instead.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Cane Creek does recommend the inline you just need to buy the correct updated version! Is it any good? Why yes, I have one on my SL and it is great, you can't just chuck it on and go ride though! Buy one from JTech or TF and you'll get close to your settings but it'll take a bit of trial and error to get it perfect. All my full suss bikes run CC shocks and in my experience they out perform the big 2!!

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I was talking with TF....actually they advised against the DBair IL on the Levo. Thanks for the feedback. I have decided to go with a Fox Float DPS Evol now.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Just checked with CC you need to get shock with part no BAD2345 as the head needs to be clocked 45degrees so as not to interfere with the frame.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
TF said it probably would not provide enough support and that the Kitsuma would be a better bet. I only use the Levo on moderate natural forest trails etc so was not too worried...I have a Whyte E180 RS for the gnarly stuff! Im sure it would have been better than the RS Deluxe on the bike. If I had gone for the CC TF Tuned would have set it up ready for the bike before despatch.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
I was talking with TF....actually they advised against the DBair IL on the Levo. Thanks for the feedback. I have decided to go with a Fox Float DPS Evol now.

You didn't say which Deluxe you have, or which DPS you're switching to, but what's the point of switching when you already have a perfectly fine mid range air shock? I would just get that rebuilt, personally. None of those have much adjustability anyway and I find the lockout levers pretty much useless on an ebike.

I like spending money on parts as much as the next guy (maybe more) but always try to get an upgrade too! :)

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Deluxe RT, no longer part of the range I dont think. The 2020 plus RT3 has a number of improvements so probably better but not eas to find in the right size currently. Replacement is Fox Float DPS Performance Evol.
I agree, I do not use the lockout lever on the RT which only has the 2 positions at 180 degrees.....not least because the lockout position being stuck out forward, just gets knocked by my spare tube carrier on the frame!....... the Fox Float has open/medium/firm and on previous 3 position shocks I found switching between open and medium useful, so probably will use that function on this one.

artzicat1

Mar 3, 2019
israel
hi don't understand really why tf won't recommend cane creek db coil il or air il .as they did have a problem at first but that was fixed 2 years ago .bought a db coil il with 600lb coil easy install .bikes now rides like a magic carpet i am a big boy 110kg with gear and i am not going back to air shock any time soon .

20201120_092330.jpg

1Nixxxo

Nov 29, 2019
Russia
hi don't understand really why tf won't recommend cane creek db coil il or air il .as they did have a problem at first but that was fixed 2 years ago .bought a db coil il with 600lb coil easy install .bikes now rides like a magic carpet i am a big boy 110kg with gear and i am not going back to air shock any time soon .

View attachment 51644

Hi.
What sag did you measure with 600 coil?
If I use 700 coil for 120 kg with gear, should work fine?

Klatu79

Apr 5, 2021
Spain
Cane Creek does recommend the inline you just need to buy the correct updated version! Is it any good? Why yes, I have one on my SL and it is great, you can't just chuck it on and go ride though! Buy one from JTech or TF and you'll get close to your settings but it'll take a bit of trial and error to get it perfect. All my full suss bikes run CC shocks and in my experience they out perform the big 2!!
Hi, which size is your Sl? Any clearing issues with the frame? I want to mount a CC dbair il 210x55 in my size M levo Sl...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles