Can anyone recommend a good smallest hydration ruck sack but with a 3 litres fluid capacity

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Hello everyone

looking a for a new hydration pack as small and as compact as possible but need 3 litres fluid capacity

I have a large evoc pack for huge days out but want to find something smaller for shorter days , but need a 3 litre liquid capacity

thinking the camelbak mule is probably the best one just wondered if anyone else has anything similar

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Hi, I use an osprey raptor 14, it has 2.5lt capacity if that's enough for you. really good pack with lots of room, but possibly to big for you. They do a smaller size 10 which may suit, but looks similar to the mule

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
When my ancient Camelbak died last year, I could no longer get replacement lumbar bladder. I went for the Osprey Raptor 10 and it’s been great. Love the way the tools have a separate zip compartment on the very bottom. Only a 2.5l bladder though.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
20211011_204959.jpg
20211011_204728.jpg

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Waist pack(AKA Bumbag, Fanny pack)?. Save on sweaty backs.
Plus I would think you're also more likely to find smaller bladders for them,given their smaller size.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Camelbak skyline 10 litre, keeps the weight nice and low on your back, less sweaty back and no pack smacking you in the back of the head on real steep stuff.

Osprey makes a solid product. Camelbak does, too, and they guarantee everything forever. I've had a variety of Camelbaks, but the one I currently use the most is the Skyline. The bladder isn't as handy as the Camelbaks that sit high on your back, but I like the concept. Not only does it keep more of the weight off your shoulders, but it lowers your CG on the bike.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Cheers for the replies guys

how about evoc ? Anyone rate them

I’ve got a small Evoc hydration pack, don’t know the model name but it holds around 2 or 3 ltr

It’ll hold the essential tools, a cereal bar and a mobile phone as well as the water, but to be honest I never wear it. No matter how tight you fit it, the whole sack moves upwards and hits the back of your head every time you jump, shakes around annoyingly on rough terrain, and the straps just become uncomfortable after 10+ miles of riding

Morton027

Jun 3, 2019
Worcestershire
I use Osprey packs for virtually everything, from hiking to biking, and even for camping luggage. Just can’t beat them in my opinion.
That being said, my Syncro 20 does tend to go a bit anti gravity when I get a bit of air or on pump sections, would love to get a raptor 14, maybe when I have some spare cash.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
The Evoc hip pack pro has a removable 3 litre bladder with a drinking tube. There's various reviews of it on YouTube.

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
The Evoc hip pack pro has a removable 3 litre bladder with a drinking tube. There's various reviews of it on YouTube.
I have one of these. The bladder only holds 1.5 littes though, the 3 litres refers to its total storage capacity 😉 I love mine and would be reluctant to go back to a backpack...the hip pack keeps weight nice and low and avoids sweaty-pack-back...I have run out of water on the odd longer summer ride though

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I have to ask, Where the hell are you riding to need 3lts of water?
I'd understand in the desert but here in blighty, I don't think I'd use any more than an ltr or maybe 1.5ltr if it's a really big ride?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The Camelbak MULE comes with a 3litre bladder and it's a tight fit.

The MULE is 99% excellent by the way.
If they spent 10 pence more on the buckles on the chest & waist straps, I'd give them 100%

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
The Camelbak MULE comes with a 3litre bladder and it's a tight fit.

The MULE is 99% excellent by the way.
If they spent 10 pence more on the buckles on the chest & waist straps, I'd give them 100%
The UWSE RAW 12 has a 3 lire bladder, I use it on my MX bike and it sits well and never moves.

aimage

Jul 8, 2021
New Zealand
I use a Camelbak MULE Pro 14, light and fits well. Loads of storage pockets etc if needed, magnetic feeder tube attachment and 3L storage. No complaints so far.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Ive got 2 x 3L backpacks that can take a Levo battery.
camelback blowfish - good pack, lots of space, expands like a suitcase to fit more and ive used it for overnight rides etc..
Evoc FR lite.. brilliant pack, 3L and back protector which has saved my bacon once for certain when I flipped off the back of the bike on rocks. lots of space for spares and food.
both these packs will be used tomorrow as me and Sam have a 45 miler planned..
with both bags I take the battery rock cover off to fit in though.. but the battery sticks out a bit on the camelback, no biggie
if I had to choose one, I would keep the EVOC.

Last edited:

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
Hello everyone

looking a for a new hydration pack as small and as compact as possible but need 3 litres fluid capacity

I have a large evoc pack for huge days out but want to find something smaller for shorter days , but need a 3 litre liquid capacity

thinking the camelbak mule is probably the best one just wondered if anyone else has anything similar

High Rock Ruti

I've got the Duthie platypus small pack 3 liters trim profile holds entirely too much

Warm Regards Ruti

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles