[BUILD] CEF50 Custom (former budget) Build

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
Yeah they are usually with higher price but you can get receipts and go get them in person and not risk getting your money scammed or waiting months for nothing
As i already said:
There is no scam involved in RCZ... Just a waiting game.
Yesterday I ordered a Formula Selva S in 27.5 for 134€ shipped to germany...
I'll let you know whet it arrives. ;)

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
Oh, and speaking of Formula:
Next component is the FORMULA CURA 4 for the brakes. :)
Spiced up with titanium-bolts from AliExpress...
Also ordered at RCZ. ;)

_DSC2535.JPG
_DSC2536.JPG

Last edited:

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
As i already said:
There is no scam involved in RCZ... Just a waiting game.
Yesterday I ordered a Formula Selva S in 27.5 for 134€ shipped to germany...
I'll let you know whet it arrives. ;)

Well you can find alot of warnings, reports and complaints about them. Some people have received used parts, some totally different items or received some of the parts but not all and has not been able to get in contact with them after that. Alot more problems than just waiting.

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
That may be, but in the end EVERYONE who complained got their money back. you may have to put some time into communication and be persistent.
Even if it takes longer. But you save a lot of money.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
But enough of this topic.

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
_DSC2547.JPG

I am slowly running out of components to show... :D
I chose Conti Kryptotal tyres. Let's see how they perform.
Still no frame in sight btw. slowly I am annoyed...

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
Got it running.
Unfortunately, I ordered the wrong Chain. Need to find one tomorrow. Also had to glue a magnet to the brake disc, because the center lock thing does not work...
Steerer tube needs to be cut, then I can cut the brake hose and consider it done... I guess...

1000082134.jpg

Bintang

May 22, 2024
Japan
Do you order batteries in ready-to-use form?

I'm also in the process of building a CEF50 frame but I ordered a battery case without the battery cells

Last edited:

Imendiolea

May 1, 2024
[email protected]
¡¡¡Ahí está!!!
¡Finalmente!
[ADJUNTAR=completo]140730[/ADJUNTAR]
Felicidades,
También estoy esperando el barco con la mountain bike comprada en febrero y todavía está en Singapur. El retraso es enorme, lo compré en Hangzhou Linfeng Sports Technology (4leaf) a través de Alibaba y no se ensambló ni empaquetó hasta mayo y se envió el 15 de mayo. Pero no tengo el número de seguimiento, solo el nombre del envío. Compraste el cuadro de la bicicleta en tecnología de fibra de carbono Shenzhen Zhaosheng (SZZS). Te he seguido en el hilo principal cef50. Lamento no haber comprado en la misma fábrica. ¿Tenías un número de seguimiento? Gracias

Last edited:

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
Do you order batteries in ready-to-use form?

I'm also in the process of building a CEF50 frame but I ordered a battery case without the battery cells
Yes, I ordered the 480Wh Battery with carbon case directly from "Linda".

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
Cheers,
I am also waiting for the ship with the mountain bike purchased in February and it is still in Singapore. The delay is huge, I bought it from Hangzhou Linfeng Sports Technology (4leaf) through Alibaba and it was not assembled or packaged until May and shipped on May 15. But I don't have the tracking number, only the shipping name. You bought the bicycle frame in Shenzhen Zhaosheng (SZZS) carbon fiber technology. I have followed you in the main cef50 thread. I regret not having bought from the same factory. Did you have a tracking number? Thank you
I got the "GLS" Shipping number for Europe and the name of the Ship, where the package was loaded to. So I could track the ship via Ship & Container Tracking - VesselFinder

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
BTW:
I am ALMOST finished. Cut the steerer tube yesterday. Headset seems to be fine - no additional spacers needed yet.
Still need to cut the rear brake hose to length and bleed it. The front, luckily, already fits perfectly.
The guard for the chainstay still is not done.
I tried to connect to the bike via the Bafang+ App. That worked, but I can not change anything, so this still has to be evaluated.
Nonetheless, I took the bike for a mini-spin through the neighbourhood yesterday night.
It was nice. I did not think that the motor is THAT powerful.
Also need to weigh the whole thing and snap some pictures. :)

un..inc

Jun 13, 2023
Germany
1000082407.jpg
1000082406.jpg
1000082375.jpg
1000082372.jpg
1000082401.jpg
1000082400.jpg

Okay, I'm done so far...
The brakes still have to be bled and the spacer tower still has to be adjusted.
Unfortunately, a bolt from the aluminium strip to the battery is not holding. I'll have to have another look tomorrow.
All the contact points also need to be adjusted. I'm not yet satisfied.

Imendiolea

May 1, 2024
[email protected]

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles