Other Brand new Turbo Tero 5 on 95% wont charge, is this normal?

nutmix

Apr 1, 2022
gibraltar
I just got a new turbo tero 5 with 710 wh battery from the shop which is a long way from me.
Its on 95%. I want to charge it up to 100% before I do my first ride.
If I plug the charger in, nothing happens. There is no charging icon on the display, and charge doesn't go up.
The charger is plugged in, the green light is on, and the charger plug is securely and firmly in the socket in the frame.
I called the dealer, who said it might be that specialized don't charge if its already above a certain threshold, but I don't see mention of this in the manual.
I dont know if there is a way to contact specialized about this?
Or maybe there is something Im missing?

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
I just got a new turbo tero 5 with 710 wh battery from the shop which is a long way from me.
Its on 95%. I want to charge it up to 100% before I do my first ride.
If I plug the charger in, nothing happens. There is no charging icon on the display, and charge doesn't go up.
The charger is plugged in, the green light is on, and the charger plug is securely and firmly in the socket in the frame.
I called the dealer, who said it might be that specialized don't charge if its already above a certain threshold, but I don't see mention of this in the manual.
I dont know if there is a way to contact specialized about this?
Or maybe there is something Im missing?

Contact Specialized here Contact Us | Specialized.com

nutmix

Apr 1, 2022
gibraltar
I rode it on the street till it went below 90. Now it will charge to 100, but not in the bike. I have only managed to get it charged if I take the battery out. The crux is that the plug is round, so there are 360 degrees of options, but it will only work in one specific unmarked position, which I cant find, nor can my e-cyclist friends (one has a cannondale topstone, the other has a revolt-e). We don't want to force it. It looks like its very hard not to connect this thing the wrong way round, which is likely to kill the battery and/or computer at best

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles