Levo SL Gen 1 2021 Turbo Levo SL Wont Switch on or charge - Resolved

McNabb

Dec 5, 2020
UK
Thought I would share this in case anyone else has the same issue, hopefully this helps.

My month old SL expert refused to charge this morning and when I tried powering up from the TCU and there was nothing. I finished the last ride with about 50% charge remaining so it should definitely have powered up.

After a bit of head scratching I decided to pop the TCU out and have a look if there was anything going on there. First thing I noticed was the internals were damp and a bit gritty, also the battery and usb port were exposed, rubber seal was not seated so I gave it a blast of GT85 and cleaned it up, sadly no change.

Next I decided to pull the connectors apart (two cables run from the TCU and they both have connectors) I simply disconnected and reconnected each and BOOM the bike powered up, and is now charging up ready for tomorrow.

Jan 27, 2021
Cumbria
Alas, not a permanent solution for me, once I've turned it off for more than an hour it will then need the green terminal cable to be disconnected and reconnected. Took it to LBS to do an update which hasn't fixed the problem. Currently discussing with Specialized what's next to try.

LostNomad

Mar 12, 2022
Wiltshire
Hi… I have the same issue. ‘21 Levo SL TCU is fine for a while and then suddenly won’t power up. I have to remove and disconnect the green terminal cable and it works fine again. I tried a hard re-set in case it was firmware related but that has not fixed it. Does anyone have any other ideas? I have new back up TCU battery arriving tomorrow but I don’t think that’s the issue. It’s also not damp related. Next check for me I guess will be the other end of the green cable?

Jan 27, 2021
Cumbria
Hi, I contacted Specialized and they said take it to my LBS. Took it to my LBS and they just put it through the warranty process on my behalf and they replaced the whole TCU the same day with one they had in stock.

Techne

Apr 22, 2023
Usa
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what their end result was with this. I’ve come down with the same problem .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles