Josep

Apr 11, 2020
Spain
Galfer's red ones go very well?

IMG_20200405_122635.jpg

Riprocken

Apr 9, 2020
USA
Im running EBC. Night and day feeling from stock. I like some other posts I've read here, was wondering what was wrong with these brakes? My Hays single pistons on my 2001 Giant AcAir work better. Was looking at changing brakes but figured try pads first. I know from motocross that pads make a huge difference in brake feel and power. So I tried the brand I normally run on mx bikes and couldn't be happier. From what I can tell most seem happy with an aftermarket pad, avoid OEM sram pads, lol.

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
BroBike BR4M sintered pads. Only available in NZ and Aus I think, but as good as Shimano in my experience at less than half the price.

Kentrider

Jun 30, 2019
Kent
Im running EBC. Night and day feeling from stock. I like some other posts I've read here, was wondering what was wrong with these brakes? My Hays single pistons on my 2001 Giant AcAir work better. Was looking at changing brakes but figured try pads first. I know from motocross that pads make a huge difference in brake feel and power. So I tried the brand I normally run on mx bikes and couldn't be happier. From what I can tell most seem happy with an aftermarket pad, avoid OEM sram pads, lol.

I was looking at ebc for my levo, sram guide brakes.... I do mainly trail with some down hill.... what colour you go for, I was thinking green? Thanks

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I got these in January and rode in all sorts of conditions , just put on a new pair today !
SOMMET 4 pairs Resin and Semi-Metallic Disc Brake Pads fit for AVID CODE Code R (2011-2014) SRAM Guide RE Code Sattel Code RSC 2018 ZSPB22-4

Nick van winkle

Jun 24, 2020
Germany
nuke proof. organic. 4 pack. 39.99.euro. Available at chainreactioncycles dot com
excellent bitting power and longer life than standard.

Apr 26, 2020
Out west
220 rotor is a good next step if pads aren't doing the trick. I took the 200 off my levo, replaced the 180 on the analog bike and the 220 is a nice improvement for the stock Guide front caliper.

Apr 26, 2020
Out west
What fork do you have? Did you need an adapter to run the 220 rotor on the levo?

I have a yari. Should be the same for any Rckshox set up for 160 direct mount I think. You'll need a
p40 mm. It should come with the bolts. It's a direct mount for the Guides. You don't need the cup washers that are used on the 20mm adapter for the 200 rotor. Someone posted the Sram mounting PDF on the forum. It was a little confusing at first glance but very helpful

Dirk74

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2020
Germany
I have a yari. Should be the same for any Rckshox set up for 160 direct mount I think. You'll need a
p40 mm. It should come with the bolts. It's a direct mount for the Guides. You don't need the cup washers that are used on the 20mm adapter for the 200 rotor. Someone posted the Sram mounting PDF on the forum. It was a little confusing at first glance but very helpful
This really depends on the fork and the brake you have on your bike.

E.g. on my 2020 Levo Comp the RS Lyrik fork has a PM7 mount (direct mount for 180mm disc) and for the stock 200mm disc it came with a p20 adapter that was mounted with the same bolts as the brake calliper (bolt going through the brake calliper and the pm adapter into the pm mount of the fork).
For PM7 mount using a 220mm disc a p40 adapter is required.
I used the MAGURA Adapter QM45 (PM to PM | +40 mm FW/RW), it's coming with the bolts to mount the adapter onto the fork.
For mounting the brake calliper to the adapter separate bolts are required as the mounting points on the adapter for the fork and for the brake calliper are offset (not inline as for the p20 adapter). See the pictures attached, one shows my bikes original stock configuration, the other one the setup for the 220mm disc (MAGURA MDR-P 220mm) with the SRAM Guide RE brake.

Next tricky thing is the SRAM Guide RE calliper that came with my bike. It's an older calliper that has the old SRAM/AVID CPS system that requires the CPS washers when mounting the calliper. If you have that brake then read ahead.
I personally would not recommend to mount that calliper without the CPS washers, because it wasn't designed for this and for that reason I guess Specialized used them too. One point is the offset from the calliper mount (vs todays standard direct mount) which must be compensated the other point is getting everything good aligned as the adapter is changing the angle. Attached also a picture about the order that washers a attached.
The original bolts from the stock configuration are too long and can't be shorten as the thread would then be too short. New bolts are required.
I went for the original SRAM/AVID CPS bolts set (EAN: 710845714481, MPN: 00.5318.006.000). It includes the long CPS system bolts & washers and two shorts bolts for standard mount.

Levo-Comp-2020_RS-Lyrik-PM7_Magura-QM45_adapter-for-220mm-disc_Magura-MDR-P-220mm-disc_SRAM-Gu...jpg

Levo-Comp-2020-stock-configuration_RS-Lyrik-PM7_adapter-for-200mm-disc_GuideRE.jpg

SRAM-AVID_CPS- system.jpg

Dirk74

Subscriber
Jun 6, 2020
Germany
For the brake pads, I'm riding Trickstuff POWER pads on the front and Trickstuff STANDARD pads on the rear.

Both are organic and silent. The Power pads have more power than the Standard, but wear faster. Beside the good power, I especially like the very good control, not on or off. They might not for you if your riding/braking style eats brake pads faster than light.

Last edited:

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
I posted this in a different thread but have an update after a few rides. Recently I installed a pair of these both front and back. I'm running the SRAM 220 rotor described above on the front (still stock on the back) and couldn't be happier. The kevlar version seems to have the perfect combination of power, modulation, quietness for my typical rides which are mostly dry, XC with lots of elevation changes, some steep and long. Being dirt cheap (~30 for 4 sets) doesn't hurt either.

pads.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles