Bosch motor warranty question

LFB01

Jan 23, 2020
South Oxon
Hi guys. I've have had a Trek Rail 9.8 for just over two years now, which I flipping love. I am currently on my third motor and this is now starting to play up. I have taken the bike into the LBS where I purchased it from to process the fault/warranty claim with Bosch. However, I have been informed today that the 2 year motor warranty does not renew with each new motor, as with the rest of the bike it is from the original purchase date. I was told at the last motor change the motor warranty did renew with every new motor, what is everyone else’s experiences with this, if any? Cheers Tom

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Bosch changed their warranty plan and now it is 2 years from original purchase. You might get a new motor at cost like I did for my 5th motor. From memory it was about £235 and this motor now has a 2 year guarantee on it.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Just to add I also managed to get a kiox at cost as well £134 but I think it's a pile of shit so well happy I didn't pay full whack for it.

LFB01

Jan 23, 2020
South Oxon
Bosch changed their warranty plan and now it is 2 years from original purchase. You might get a new motor at cost like I did for my 5th motor. From memory it was about £235 and this motor now has a 2 year guarantee on it.

Interesting Bones, thanks for the response. You don't know when the warranty plan changed do you out of interest? It will be interesting to see what Bosch do as i am only just (6 weeks) out of warranty. I wonder, if i do get a new motor what warranty, if any it will come with. Not that i want to spend money for no reason it may be worth while buying a new motor at cost so that it is covered for 2 years..

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
The last free motor was 2 years ago. So bosch have altered their warranty since then.
What don't you like about kiox?
I can't see the tiny screen and it doesn't seem to work well with my phone which it uses for navigation and recording ride details. It's also jumped off the mounting a couple of times. Glad I put a lanyard on it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles