Anyone waiting for a Bosch performance CX warranty replacement?

RustyMojo

Oct 30, 2021
Gloucestershire
So after 240 miles and 2 months my motor packed up. I dropped it into the shop at the very start of the month. I’m 3 nearly 4 weeks in and Bosch have approved the claim, but my bike shop has been waiting weeks for the replacement motor. I’m told that Bosch had no stock and are now playing catch up.

My question is, how long have you waited for your Bosch warranty repair? Or are you still waiting?

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
That sucks

they are probably to busy making 2022 models. Ask them to give you one of those motors with new display 😇 for the inconvenience.

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
On a series note if you paid on a credit cards put a dispute in with credit card company and will get your money back then you can buy another bike and not have to wait for warranty

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I'm waiting for my 5th gen 2 motor. Only dropped bike off 3 weeks ago and never pestered shop as to what's going on because I have a gen 4 bike.
I will assume its a waiting game if what you say is right.

RustyMojo

Oct 30, 2021
Gloucestershire
Good news! I actually just picked the bike up new motor installed. Shop said it was a complete mess with loads of unrecoverable errors. Either way it’s back and sorted. Trek gave me some vouchers to use in their online store. But to be honest there is nothing in stock on there unless I’m into stabilisers, or road biking 🤪

AleBike

Feb 16, 2022
London
Today is 5 weeks after I took my 2020 Trek Rail 7 to LBS in London :( Error 500 and no power and weirdly it also wouldn't roll backwards, the bike shop found lots of other errors too so I left it with them to get a Bosch replacement, I think water must have got in it, but 5 weeks now is really taking the p**s, really not sure if LBS or Bosch are incompetent, are others still finding long waits?

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
5 months here in USA. Still no Motor. Thankfully, my lbs pulled one from demo until mine arrived. I put 2500 miles on it so far.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I'm waiting for my 5th gen 2 motor. Only dropped bike off 3 weeks ago and never pestered shop as to what's going on because I have a gen 4 bike.
I will assume its a waiting game if what you say is right.
Still waiting for mine. Bosch have refused to give me a warranty replacement but offered a half price new motor which should have a 2 year warranty on it. I have reluctantly accepted that.

AleBike

Feb 16, 2022
London
Good News!

6 weeks of waiting until today and I've finally picked up my 2020 Trek rail 7 with a brand new Bosch motor installed, it had a manufacture date of 28th Feb!

Still not much wiser over why it took so long, but in the UK my bike shop was apparently waiting for the distributor Madison to get back to them, and somewhere in the chain up to bosch it took a long time..

I am kinda lucky as I bought the bike second hand and I wasn't sure if they'd honor the Trek transferable warranty, ok I had to pay £100 for motor removal and installation etc but glad I didn't have to spend £650 on a new motor!

I originally had a fault code of Error 500, but the print out showed it had quite a few faults under that code.

As a note to others, I had an annoying creaking from when I first bought the bike, I always assumed it was one of: linkage/battery/hub/cassette/cable/seatpost/crank bolts/chainring related, as most others seem to suggest, and I went through everyyything, as It got quite a bit worse until the motor finally decided not to work at all, but the new motor finally fixed the creaking too!

They confirmed a 2 year warranty on the motor from now also.

Happy :p

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I picked my old bike up on Tuesday. Brand new motor fitted at cost and no charge for the work done 👍. Well happy with the £205 bill.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles