Bosch Gen 3 Resistance

marco luz

Nov 29, 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
When pedalling backwards it offers some resistance, not much but enough to feel something is not normal.
Is it normal or it means that somehting is bad and it needs service? Pedalling forward, no issues. Thanks!

dallasexcell

Mar 18, 2023
texas
When pedalling backwards it offers some resistance, not much but enough to feel something is not normal.
Is it normal or it means that somehting is bad and it needs service? Pedalling forward, no issues. Thanks!
Hi, I have a gen3 performance line and there is a bit of resistance when pedaling backwards. The chainring also moves with the crank when pedaling backwards, does your chainring move?. I find this odd, because I also have a performance line speed motor on another bike, and on that one the chain ring doesn't move when pedaling backwards. I chatted with bosch and the person that I talked to said different motors behave differently and it is normal with this motor. But honestly I am still skeptical, because there is a freewheel clutch that's supposed to disengage the motor with the crank.

boggles

Dec 14, 2020
Scotland
I also have a gen 3 performance line, and mine does the same even when it was brand new. So I am guessing it is supposed to. (Has some resistance when pedalling backwards and makes some noise)

I don't see what the real issue is TBH because we are mostly pedalling forwards are we not?

I think with the gen 4s the chainring is independent of the cranks but with the gen 3 ther're not.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles