Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It's going to be a long wait ?

1686998516516.png

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
They need tro innovate the Bosch flow app so it doesn't rely on a 3rd party app and an internet connection to see your ride history or to have routes loaded..

if there's no internet signal then it's basically useless

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
400wh battery (2kg !!)

55nm motor, but the relevant bit is upto 600wh power ! Way more than the other Light weight motors .. Semi Skimmed with some extra fat ! (2kg)

1687182679274.png

250wh Range extender - 1.6 kg

1687182795547.png

The app tells you where the Bars are !!!

1687182902730.png

Last edited:

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
full fat and 750wh battery is only like 2kg heavier.

all these light motors seem like a marketing scam for people who are scared of full fat
I don’t need or want full fat assist levels, so I’ll happily take the 2kg weight saving. Same how XC riders don’t buy enduro bikes even though they have more travel.

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
First thoughts on the SX motor: Very happy to see more choice from Bosch.

400Wh internal battery sounds about right if this has SL1.2 / Mahle levels of efficiency.
A 250Wh range extender *sounds* nice but - if i can be really picky - the unit is perhaps a bit big? I like my 1kg, small-bottle-sized, Levo SL range extenders, and at 160Wh i have never needed to use more than one of them. I’ll wait to see how well integrated the mounts are for these, because it doesn't look like they can be carried in an actual bottle cage.

And the new Purion controller looks ‘okay’. I was quite fond of the 1980s digital watch style old one, but for an integrated control/display, yeah it’s quite startship enterpise but it’ll do.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin

all these light motors seem like a marketing scam for people who are scared of full fat

We all vary, riding style location, abilities, terrain, etc.

I don't see the point of full fat e-bikes, they seem heavy, sloppy, and I especially don't get why they even have pedals. So you can provide 25% of the power at your absolute max? Really?

My personal opinion is that mid power sub 45# ready to ride e-bikes will become the norm with lightweight versions weighing mid-30s and Full fats will evolve in to twist throttle, footpeg having, dual crown fork, mini- MX dirt bikes.

The new Bosch motor looks real good.

I do think from a profile/ weight/ power/ energy perspective the Fazua 60 is the current class leader, in spite of poor reliability.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

Full fat:
Motor 2.8KG
750wh battery 4.4KG.
7.2KG system weight.

New bosch SX is a lot lighter:
Bosch SX
2KG motor
400Wh battery 2KG,
Total system weight 4KG (3.2KG lighter!)

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Furthermore, the sort of power that FF's make really necessitates building up the entire bike heavier. So on a well planned build, the entire drivetrain is heavier and more robust. and frankly I'd prefer an Al (or even steel) frame for that application.

But I see videos of other people's locations and I'm like 'oh, they ride in a giant open field or right up a huge mountain' and I can see why they gravitate to FF's where that doesn't apply to me.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
(3.2KG lighter!)
oops my bad, I had it in my head that the 750wh battery is only 3kg for some reason.

point still stands 3.2kg ain't much why not just go with a full fat motor and the 400wh battery if the difference in weight between motors is only 0.8kg, I doubt the cost is a massive difference.

Be curious to see how much Bosch sell them for when people are out of warranty

BTW saw one of your videos recommended to me for the first time on YT.
Impressed to see you using GT85 when cleaning your bike, 3year old video though.

mucoff would probably be sponsoring you these days? or would you still recommend GT85

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles