Bosch CX V4 bolt pattern for ISCG05 Chain Guide

ozzybmx

Sep 26, 2023
Adelaide, South Australia
Hey all, 1st post !

Does anyone know what the bolt pattern is on the Bosch CX motor ?

Has anyone successfully fitted an E13 LG1 bash/chainguide to a Bosch motor ?

My bike is an Ibis Oso and it already utilises 2 of the bolt holes for the top guide but I would like a guide with the bottom guide wheel to reduce chain movement and in turn quieten the infamous Bosch chainring rattle.

Thanks in advance.

s-l1600.jpg

PXL_20230926_094047540.MP.jpg

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Sorry can't help with the chain guide as I threw my top mounted one away ages ago, but I'm interested in knowing if it stops the engine noise when freewheeling over rough terrain . I always thought it was the internal gears backlash and the clutch disengaged them when not under load. The only way I managed to quieten mine is to slowly turn the cranks. Not that easy all the time and it's only noticeable on my GoPro videos. Perhaps the bearing man might chip in with more information if he reads this!

ozzybmx

Sep 26, 2023
Adelaide, South Australia
My motor is excessively noisy and its going in to be investigated later this week. I sent a video to Bosch and they said to take it to an authorised service centre.

I have noticed that is quietens down with a new chain fitted so my thinking is that reducing the chain backlash will reduce the freeness of the chainring to rattle around, even with the pedal feedback.

The unreliability of the lockring with all this trashing about is a worry too, mine has came loose 6-7 times.

I've just ordered a cheap complete ISCG05 chainguide/bash off Aliexpress to test fit. Will post findings here once I get to try it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles