Bosch CX to STEPS E7000

Jamesk

May 9, 2019
Kent
I currently have a Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 Pro with the Bosch CX motor and 500wh battery. Absolutely love the motor, especially EMTB mode but I'm considering the cheaper Vitus E-Sommet with the E7000 motor mainly for the extra top tube length and better suspension. I was wondering if anyone had experience of going from the Bosch motor to the Shimano and their thoughts on it.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The only person I can think of who may have ridden both of these motors (the e7000 is still pretty rare) is @knut7

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
I've ridden the E7000 a couple of times, only pre production units though. Turbo mode on the Performance CX is difficult to control on tech trails, there's a surge of power when the motor kicks in that can be stressful to hold back on the trails. It makes the motor feel pretty powerful though. The emtb mode is way better and it's still pretty powerful, but you can sometimes notice a more mild surge of power when the motor engages.

I find the E7000 is much easier to control on tech trails, it's got a very good "power-to-control ratio". Running Boost-mode on trails works very well. For transport on roads it does feel a bit weaker though. I did not have app support on the pre production E7000 motors I tested, so I never got the chance to increase the power on the Trail mode. I assume the E7000 can be slightly weaker than EMTB-mode when pushing hard, both are dynamic modes that can give max motor power if you push hard enough.

I think the E7000 is great for trail riding and for me it works better on trails than the PerfCX. It's got all the power I will ever use on trails. I wouldn't want the E7000 on my transport bike where I'm often pulling kids in a trailer in hilly terrain.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles