Bolts Law ( Full Route) 7th August 21.

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
God daaamn..but we are truly spoiling you boys ..
I met Wayne in Blanchland at 9.00am this morning from where we travelled into Slaley Forest to give some trees a quick trim ..we then rode this and the brand new discovery there and back ( superb )..and some other Forest sections which we wont be doing on the day ( would love to but cant show you everything the area has to offer in one go ..there is just too much ) before heading out onto the moors along the Carriers Way ..before another little section that we will be doing on the day and dropping back into Blanchland for a well earned pint at The Lord Crewe Arms ...or so we thought !
Curses if the place wasnt closed to the public as a wedding party had booked the whole hotel ..must be bloody loaded !!
Never mind ..our second choice had by far the best pint of Deuchars in Northumberland ..but if that place wasnt also closed when we got there ffs.( Travellers Rest Slaley)..so going a few miles out of our way we eventually got served in The Wellington at Riding Mill..where a jug of iced water followed by a Guiness ( EMF ) & Golden Hen for moi went down a treat ( cheers Wayne ) ...
Anyway ..back to the trail tidy ..all thats left to do is a quick brush to clear the pine needles and we should be good to go on the 7th ?
Cheers for your help Wayne ..and the pint ?
Some pics .. View attachment 67412 View attachment 67413 View attachment 67414 View attachment 67415
all together now....
"I'm a lumberjack and I'm allright"...…….

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Great mornings trail riding courtesy of the Hodge. The singletrack through the woods and on the Carriers Way was simply sublime, fast, flowing and bone dry. A little trail maintenance with the trusty Bacho Laplander
You boys who are joining the Hodge on the 7th are in for a treat.
The pic below is of crocodile dunHodge doing his thing ?

86CD7C93-0A4A-4DA4-A518-0DC302BFA135.jpeg

92D7E00F-F31D-4138-9167-DF507DD9E5D9.jpeg

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Great mornings trail riding courtesy of the Hodge. The singletrack through the woods and on the Carriers Way was simply sublime, fast, flowing and bone dry. A little trail maintenance with the trusty Bacho Laplander
You boys who are joining the Hodge on the 7th are in for a treat.
The pic below is of crocodile dunHodge doing his thing ?

View attachment 67416

View attachment 67417
sneaky ..I had forgotten you would leak my identity ..??

philmedomsley

Apr 28, 2020
Durham
God daaamn..but we are truly spoiling you boys ..
I met Wayne in Blanchland at 9.00am this morning from where we travelled into Slaley Forest to give some trees a quick trim ..we then rode this and the brand new discovery there and back ( superb )..and some other Forest sections which we wont be doing on the day ( would love to but cant show you everything the area has to offer in one go ..there is just too much ) before heading out onto the moors along the Carriers Way ..before another little section that we will be doing on the day and dropping back into Blanchland for a well earned pint at The Lord Crewe Arms ...or so we thought !
Curses if the place wasnt closed to the public as a wedding party had booked the whole hotel ..must be bloody loaded !!
Never mind ..our second choice had by far the best pint of Deuchars in Northumberland ..but if that place wasnt also closed when we got there ffs.( Travellers Rest Slaley)..so going a few miles out of our way we eventually got served in The Wellington at Riding Mill..where a jug of iced water followed by a Guiness ( EMF ) & Golden Hen for moi went down a treat ( cheers Wayne ) ...
Anyway ..back to the trail tidy ..all thats left to do is a quick brush to clear the pine needles and we should be good to go on the 7th ?
Cheers for your help Wayne ..and the pint ?
Some pics .. View attachment 67412 View attachment 67413 View attachment 67414 View attachment 67415
Great work gents. I ride that trail quite often.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Morning all..
Just a quick shout to see if you are all still coming on the 7th August ..short of monsoon weather the trail is perfect..
Unfortunately as things stand EMF cant make it due to family commitments but The Don Jaconelli ( Jaco ..and he isnt really a mafia Don ..) ..has pledged his allegience.
He also mentioned a horses head in your bed ..should you not be able to make it !?..
If you could let me know sometime after the weekend that you have survived unscathed ( assuming you are out riding ) ..and that you are still coming ..oh..and your choice of Greggs pastie ?
Cheers
Neil
@drewbirks
@Jackware
@Tonybro
Still open to anyone else who would like to join us ...send me a personal message for further details of meeting point ..( tbc..but in Edmundbyers)
Is a meet up time of 10.00 am to start riding at 10.30 ok for each of you travelling from Lancs / Yorks ?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Hate small print……..?
Had I remembered ..I could have got you a Steak Slice when I was in Greggs earlier today ..you will need plenty of " fuel " for our raid into the Scottish Borders tomorrow ..hell of a climb back out ..but Slymefoot to finish the last bit of off-road ??

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Hello fellow ebike people..
As there is limited parking space from where we would normally start the ride I have been granted permission to park in the Baa pub/ Youth Hostel car park with the promise that we would have a pint / coffee / soft drink there afterwards ..
Not hard to miss but its the red triangle on the map ..
Does anyone need my mobile number again ?
Screenshot_20210802-170550_ViewRanger.jpg

Sunshine & showers on the day ..but a reasonable week of weather leading up to Saturday..
Looking forward to riding with you all again ..

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
Nice pic Rich..
When you say you have to do it on your manual bike..why?
Has something happened to your ebike ..
That was my3rd attempted on my Ff in 2019, had motor issue, I did it last year on my levo SL and caught the mech on something and trashed my wheel.
I like doiny it on my manual, normally doesn’t breakdown just me instead ??

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Hello fellow ebike people..
As there is limited parking space from where we would normally start the ride I have been granted permission to park in the Baa pub/ Youth Hostel car park with the promise that we would have a pint / coffee / soft drink there afterwards ..
Not hard to miss but its the red triangle on the map ..
Does anyone need my mobile number again ?
View attachment 67928
Sunshine & showers on the day ..but a reasonable week of weather leading up to Saturday..
Looking forward to riding with you all again ..
Excellent, looking forward to it, see you all there :)(y)

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Thanks for organising the parking, Hodge.

I'll take a chicken and mushroom slice from Greg's (steak bake or sausage roll if unavailable!). ?

Looking forward to it and trying to keep up on this low powered beast... I'll keep Rich the Gas Man company. ?

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
I dont think Rich the gas man is coming..as far as I can see he has just posted a pic ..
I know what you mean about that wreck you have just bought ..but we will stop occaisionally to allow you to catch up ..??
Edit : You must have posh Greggs where you live as the Chicken bakes over here have no mushrooms...

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I dont think Rich the gas man is coming..as far as I can see he has just posted a pic ..
I know what you mean about that wreck you have just bought ..but we will stop occaisionally to allow you to catch up ..??
Edit : You must have posh Greggs where you live as the Chicken bakes over here have no mushrooms...
Oh, well, Chicken it is then! I wonder what the black bits are in the ones round here then? :unsure:

Sorry, Rich, I thought you were coming too. My mistake. Looks like I'll be keeping myself company then! :)

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Hadnt realised that was back on the event calendar
That last run finished up on the track we started on at the weekend ..at the Usway Burn ..only our journey was a little more mellow ..there have been quite a few DH events in Kidland Forest in the past ..way beyond my pay grade !
Gotta love the Cheviot Hills ?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles