Bluetooth problem with 2020 Kenevo

Rittiman

Patreon
Mar 17, 2020
El Dorado Hills
Has anyone had the following problem been doing some research and can’t find a solution.

Bike 2020 Specialized Kenevo

My iPhone XSMax recently updated to IOS 13.4.2 and ever since it’s been acting weird. In the past it would automatically connect to the bike in the past. Now it wants me to come pair to it and then it drops connection. Tried my wife’s phone and same thing don’t know if it’s a IOS thing or something in the Bluetooth module on the bike.

I have even tried to copy the full password bike name into a clipboard and pasted it in. Same thing is anyone else having this problem at all.

Thanks
Dave

779191CA-F6F0-4EAF-A327-751D41197258.jpeg

1B3E16D1-C0C2-4CDC-9FF3-0970B18B016E.jpeg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Not sure if this is your problem but Apple appear to block to block auto bluetooth connectivity with apps that are not sourced from Apple Store. So maybe check that your MC was downloaded from Apple Store?

Rittiman

Patreon
Mar 17, 2020
El Dorado Hills
Silly question, have you entered the 6 digit pin code on the side of your TCU ?

You nailed it that was the problem solved it paired and is now working thanks. After having it for a few months I forgot I had to use that that 6 digit code.

Not all bikes require a pairing code. If the app prompts you to enter this six-digit code it can be found in the following places:
  • On the bike "Peel Me" label (find "BLE", followed by six numbers) and underneath the bike’s power button/display on the top tube1.
  • On the TCD-w screen (on the handlebars). When connecting with the bike for the first time, the pairing code appears directly on the screen for a couple of seconds.
1. You will need to remove the display and find your code. Simply undo the single T10 Torx bolt and gently pull the display upwards and towards the front wheel. The six-digit code will be visibile on a white sticker on the side of your display. When you reattach the display, make sure to only lightly retighten the T10 Torx bolt (0.8 Nm).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles