Bloody cat!

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
I have a problem, a massive problem.
My bike storage box is around the back of the house, it has a pebbled area in front of it which is about 3mx3m.
Unfortunately our cat has decided she wants to take a dump there every night, it has literally turned into shit alley :poop:
If you've seen the film Entrapment, I'm like Catherine Zeta Jones dodging through the lasers every time I want to get my bike, sometimes for want of a better phrase, I don't make a clean run :oops:
I've considered laying down some boards but I'm concerned they will just rot over time, can't be arsed putting down a patio or something.
I'm after ideas before the cat suddenly goes missing ?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Ultrasonic cat repeller

378C5577-6543-421D-83C0-DB8A7F3FF1FD.jpeg

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
I have a problem, a massive problem.
My bike storage box is around the back of the house, it has a pebbled area in front of it which is about 3mx3m.
Unfortunately our cat has decided she wants to take a dump there every night, it has literally turned into shit alley :poop:
If you've seen the film Entrapment, I'm like Catherine Zeta Jones dodging through the lasers every time I want to get my bike, sometimes for want of a better phrase, I don't make a clean run :oops:
I've considered laying down some boards but I'm concerned they will just rot over time, can't be arsed putting down a patio or something.
I'm after ideas before the cat suddenly goes missing ?

1610400584025.png
!!!!!!!!!

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
You can buy sprays specifically to keep cats away from specific areas. Just try to limit it to where you spray. Cats are creatures of habit, so you probably only need to do it for a few weeks. A quick google will give you lots of options.

Also wash your hands after using it, if you ever want to stroke your little princess again!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Take a look at a website for gardeners, they have lots of cat problems and solutions.

From memory, the top advice is chilli powder, second best advice is Lion dung!

I have tried those ultrasonic devices. They didn't work on the cats stalking the garden birds, nor the squirrels eating the bird food. They kept the birds away though! Despite being ultrasonic, DO NOT test them by holding them close to your ear and switching them on! The frequencies may be outside the range of human hearing, but the sound power is large and it will hurt! :cry:
My grandkids didn't like them when they were young, they came rushing back into the house (they could hear them and they were loud).

PS: What did work to keep the cats away was a "supersoaker" water pistol. Pistol! More like the Kalashnikov of water pistols. It hold a litre of water and can jet over 40'. The cats didn't like it at all. You can add secret ingredients to the water if you really don't like the cat.

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Since it's your cat, why not just stick a covered litter box out there somewhere? She'd likely prefer that. Or frame up a simple wood box and throw some sand in it. You do realize that your cat is trying to train you to move the bike out of her patio? They're smart little beasts.....

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
The plot thickens, some renegade cat has been coming into the house and stealing our cats food.
We'd had a mysterious baby back rib incident last weekend we couldn't understand, all is now clear.
I wonder if they've been having Shit Wars around the back of the house ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles