Bike Insurance, any recommendations ??

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Sounds a lot more than you'd pay for adding a bike to your household insurance. You could probably half that cost, if your household insurer has a decent policy towards bikes.

Thunderer

Nov 19, 2018
Y Felinheli
Sounds a lot more than you'd pay for adding a bike to your household insurance. You could probably half that cost, if your household insurer has a decent policy towards bikes.
My present home insurance only covers up £1500, any ideas on which house policy covers higher priced bikes ??

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
My household didn’t cover e-bikes, so be careful using house insurance for bikes. I used Velosure, for really good cover for the money.

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
My present home insurance only covers up £1500, any ideas on which house policy covers higher priced bikes ??

I'm using Aviva. They just want to know the value of your most expensive bike (they don't care how many bikes you have), then they provide cover up to that amount, in the home and when locked in public.

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
I'm using Aviva. They just want to know the value of your most expensive bike (they don't care how many bikes you have), then they provide cover up to that amount, in the home and when locked in public.
Just check they cover you for an e-bike as my insurer excluded e-bikes in the small print

Thunderer

Nov 19, 2018
Y Felinheli
An update, just insured with Eversure £3000 of cover + £million of 3rd Party cover for £138, also added partners bike (£2800) on for additional £89.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
Check Avivaplus different to aviva. They will cover all your bikes up to the value of your contents insurance for no extra charge. And cover up to £20k way from home for a few quid extra.
I changed from aviva home insurance and separate bike insurance and saved around £46 a month. Now paying £23 all in with £15k cover away from home.
If you want third party cover join Cycle UK for a few quid a month.

Thunderer

Nov 19, 2018
Y Felinheli
Check Avivaplus different to aviva. They will cover all your bikes up to the value of your contents insurance for no extra charge. And cover up to £20k way from home for a few quid extra.
I changed from aviva home insurance and separate bike insurance and saved around £46 a month. Now paying £23 all in with £15k cover away from home.
If you want third party cover join Cycle UK for a few quid a month.
Thanks for suggestion...Just did a price comparison and Arivaplus worked out at £400 + £75 for Cycle Uk family membership. My axa house insurance with separate bike insurance is £500 so not a great difference, excess less on bike (£100) than house (£250) but worth looking into next year

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
Here in NZ, i have the bike insured as an extra policy next to my contents, at a rate of 5% of agreed value. It's covered for theft from a locked building or vehicle and also for crash damage resulting in a write off. Not cheap, but at least a payout would be enough to buy a new replacement.

shawry

Aug 13, 2019
Catterick Camp
Sorry to revive an old post, im looking st getting some insurance sorted, im awaiting info from my home insurance, but im still thinking that it may be worth getting separate instead, ive seen laka mentioned online and wondered if anyone had experience of them?

nikparab

May 20, 2021
India
There are lots of company which provides 2 wheeler insurance and says that they are the best. But I would say that IFFCO-Tokio is one of the best insurance companies. Before getting insurance you must compare 2-3 company's policies and must look at which company gives own damage cover, damages to Third-Party, who must have a good Claim Settlement Ratio, Savings on Premium and must have easy claims process.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles