Bike insurance

Gazbomb

Sep 11, 2021
Essex
Just spent 3k on a cube reaction e bike is insurance worth havin for theft or accidental damage.if so can anyone recomend a company.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Mine is insured on my home contents policy with Lloyds as named item. All risks, old for new and accident damage. No requirement to lock the bike while it’s within the buildings inc garage but must be locked if left unattended elsewhere. Not insured if it’s stolen from the car while the car is at home which is the only stupid part as my car is much more secure than the average garage.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I’d supplement it with decent protection as well to deter thieves both at the home and while out.

My mates bike just got nicked and his insurance are refusing to payout more than £2k for a £5k Levo and are refusing to replace with a similar bike without giving justification; despite his policy listing it as an agreed item.

I used to work for an Insurer who took pride in declining >80% of claims on technicalities. Theyre global so its likely a lot of people here have them as underwriters.

I’m not saying dont get insurance, just suggesting its part of overall protection for you from the thieving scum that dwell on this planet…

peterwalk

Oct 7, 2021
CA
It's good that you plan to buy insurance for your bikes. I advise you to take out more expensive insurance to cover as much of the cost of maintaining your bikes as possible. I ride my bike quite often, and there are often some accidents. In addition to bike repairs, insurance covers theft or other accidents. Why do people take car insurance responsibly but forget about bicycles? Bicycles are the only transportation we have in the house, so we take great care with them. We use the senior bike insurance company Bicycle insurance designed for cyclists | Sundays Insurance and are glad about their terms of service.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Why do people take car insurance responsibly
Because it's a legal requirement.
but forget about bicycles?
Because it's not. Often, they don't forget, it's just prohibitively expensive if you get specific cycle insurance. Both of my eebs are more expensive to insure individually on a cycle specific policy than my car.

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
Mine is insured on my home contents policy with Lloyds as named item. All risks, old for new and accident damage. No requirement to lock the bike while it’s within the buildings inc garage but must be locked if left unattended elsewhere. Not insured if it’s stolen from the car while the car is at home which is the only stupid part as my car is much more secure than the average garage.

I do the same as this mate insure it on my home insurance as a named item they pay out the cost to replace it new, has to be secured to a ground anchor though with a lock which I had done already in the shed tbh, but gives piece of mind if stolen or damaged … this through Sheila’s wheels home insurance

mtb-steve

Nov 4, 2021
Cumbria
Yellow Jersey, my home insurance may have covered it but yellow jersey also give you third party insurance depending on which level you buy . I have 3 ebikes insured with them.

Edward

Feb 20, 2022
8000ft, Colorado
I just got a quote from velo insurance.
They want more to insure one of my MTBs than it costs for me to insure my $25,000 BMW motorcycle.
$783/year.

Edward

Feb 20, 2022
8000ft, Colorado
It's good that you plan to buy insurance for your bikes. I advise you to take out more expensive insurance to cover as much of the cost of maintaining your bikes as possible. I ride my bike quite often, and there are often some accidents. In addition to bike repairs, insurance covers theft or other accidents. Why do people take car insurance responsibly but forget about bicycles? Bicycles are the only transportation we have in the house, so we take great care with them. We use the senior bike insurance company Bicycle insurance designed for cyclists | Sundays Insurance and are glad about their terms of service.

Possibly due to cost?
This is what they're quoting me for only for 3 of my bikes:

1645630753058.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles