Best way to clean sticky purion display?

Oekaaaeir

Sep 30, 2022
Perm
The two big buttons on my Bosch Purion display is getting sticky. Sometimes I want to go from eco to tour-mode and press one time, then it goes further up to sport-mode by itself. Manual says clean with water only, is that your experience as well or can it take some kind of cleaner or alcohol too?
Thx
karsten

Howard S

Oct 27, 2022
Nottingham
The two big buttons on my Bosch Purion display is getting sticky. Sometimes I want to go from eco to tour-mode and press one time, then it goes further up to sport-mode by itself. Manual says clean with water only, is that your experience as well or can it take some kind of cleaner or alcohol too?
Thx
karsten
I am having the same issues not sure yet how to fix them ?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I would not use water of indeed any fluid. If the stickyness is due to dust ingress between the buttons and the body of the Purion maybe the best option is use a semi stiff brush...something like a tooth brush... to see if that will clean out in the gaps. Alternatively an air compressor may help if you have access to one but be careful to use it such that any dust etc is blown out rather than further into the body of the Purion. It would be better to do either with the purion upside down so either rotate it on the bars or remove it. If that is successful I suggest you get a silicon cover for it............check out for one on ebay.

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London
After grinding my power button flat during a crash... and then paying for a replacement Purion and much swearing fitting it, another vouch for the silicon cover!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles