Best orbea rise light tyre

texano999

Jan 14, 2023
Italy
I am 68 kg and ride above all in trail and all Mountain with 150 fork.
Could you please suggest me a light tyre for my application? Size and model

Thanks

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
The Maxxis Dissector 29x2.4 Exo dual compound or 3c Maxterra are both about 950 grams. Exo is plenty strong unless you're riding on jagged rocks.

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Not super light but I am running the new continental Kryptotal tyres in trail format & am 93kg about 1000g
Bontrager XR4i are about 850g & good tyres I run on rear in summer with the Conti Xynotal on front with insets in rear

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I am 68 kg and ride above all in trail and all Mountain with 150 fork.
Could you please suggest me a light tyre for my application? Size and model

Thanks
The Orbea Rise is no different than any other MTB. So you choose a tire for your trail surface. I ride on hard packed desert trails so I choose the lightest tire for those conditions. Fast, not very big knobs. WTB ranger, Maxxis Recon, XR4.
IF you ride in wet rooty trails then you might choose something very differrent.

LeeS69

Aug 27, 2022
Yorkshire
The Orbea Rise is no different than any other MTB. So you choose a tire for your trail surface. I ride on hard packed desert trails so I choose the lightest tire for those conditions. Fast, not very big knobs. WTB ranger, Maxxis Recon, XR4.
IF you ride in wet rooty trails then you might choose something very differrent.
Here in the muddy Pennines you need grip above all else...

IMG20230404174453.jpg

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
Here down under, our trails are very mixed conditions, rocks, hardpack, sand etc.. I'm liking the vittoria pairing of Mazza front (ultimate grip) and agarro rear (good rolling)

The Mazza is very similar to Maxxis DHR, bit heavier and tougher. The Agarro is what I'd say is mostly like a maxis aggressor but better rolling and so far better resistance to tearing and holes. probably got about 1000k on this combo and really like it!

1681104136720.png

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
I use Schwalbe rock razor on the rear and a maxxis Ardent race on the front. Fast rolling set up in the dry and surprisingly good in the slop. No punctures last year with a tubeless set up riding trail/AM, both 2.35

Last edited:

Borbea

Nov 13, 2022
Sweden
I’ve used original recon/dissector in the beginning. They are ok. In winter here in sweden I used specialized Butcher T9 front and rear. Not to funny but ok in winter.

Now I use Vittoria mezcal/barzo and so far very good. Running tubless.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

jcismo1

Jul 22, 2021
Colorado
The combination that I just installed is a Maxxis Dissector 2.4” in front and Maxxis Aggressor 2.3”, (fast rolling) in the rear. I think it works perfectly! I recently put them to the test on some very Rocky trails, here in Colorado. Some pretty substantial rock scuffs, but they held up. I like that the tires are relatively light, which translates into more miles per charge. Kind of important on my M10 Rise.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles