Before I take the plunge, 2022 Nduro 7.

MtbWalker

Jul 31, 2021
Wolverhampton
I’m going to take the plunge tomorrow and put a deposit down on an Nduro 7. Just a few questions,
how reliable is the motor when compared to the Shimano ep8 and generally what is the build quality from haibike like? I’ve seen the problems with cracks on the carbon frames. Which shouldn’t be a problem as the Nduro is aluminium.
Any input welcome, thanks in advance.

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
I will never buy another haibike, or raleigh product, I purchased a allmtn7 and less than 900 miles it has killed two batteries, its been in the shop for over a month, and Raleigh/haibike now say it will be 15 weeks before they can get another battery to the bike shop to "test it" even though they have not authorised any repair, as yet, so i am presuming they will kill that battery as well, then do something to repair the fault, then wait another 15 weeks for another battery to test it again. I have had two cube ebikes and one no problems the other had an issue and was fixed in two days, others have also said the after service from raleigh/haibike is shocking!

MtbWalker

Jul 31, 2021
Wolverhampton
I will never buy another haibike, or raleigh product, I purchased a allmtn7 and less than 900 miles it has killed two batteries, its been in the shop for over a month, and Raleigh/haibike now say it will be 15 weeks before they can get another battery to the bike shop to "test it" even though they have not authorised any repair, as yet, so i am presuming they will kill that battery as well, then do something to repair the fault, then wait another 15 weeks for another battery to test it again. I have had two cube ebikes and one no problems the other had an issue and was fixed in two days, others have also said the after service from raleigh/haibike is shocking!
That doesn’t sound great. Which shop did you buy from?

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
That doesn’t sound great. Which shop did you buy from?
I purchased it direct from Haibike/Raliegh which makes it worse as they sold it to me directly, the LBS is trying hard to move it forward, but having all sorts of problems in getting a response from Raleigh who import Haibike. Raleigh really don't seem to care about how long its taking.

MtbWalker

Jul 31, 2021
Wolverhampton
I purchased it direct from Haibike/Raliegh which makes it worse as they sold it to me directly, the LBS is trying hard to move it forward, but having all sorts of problems in getting a response from Raleigh who import Haibike. Raleigh really don't seem to care about how long its taking.
Is it a known fault with the batteries?

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
I bought my other half a haibike hard tail with Yamaha motor and was ok for while then had an issue with the battery which kept coming loose so bike kept cutting out.

I Paid on my credit card so got them to exchange it for an Merida which touch wood had been fine .

I can’t remember which one it was but if I have picture I will upload it

0B208E99-C041-48BB-8B32-244BB31BFCC4.jpeg

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
the nduro 7 looks a great bike on paper and I was really tempted myself to trade my levo for one, the earlier yam motors in haibike are something all my mates who have, love them..
the only downside is the customer service which seems poor.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
FWIW my 3.0 2020 Gen4 has been impeccable and I still love it to bits over a year later. As much as I lusted after the 5.0 with carbon frame before I bought mine (I couldn't afford the 5.0) I'm glad I didn't now, given the bearing/frame issues.

I suspect you will find a million different opinions...like many ebikes, some will have zero issues, some will be nightmares.

Personally I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Haibike, but I'll be honest I haven't had to get involved with any warranty work either. But then I know my LBS will be very supportive, so thats something I guess.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles