I'd vowed not to have any tonight..

Then I lit the BBQ.....

IMG_20200410_192945044_HDR.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Earlier it was Old Jock, does that earn me some man points?

View attachment 28661

Legend has it that Kate Moss asked for a drink that would “wake me up and then fuck me up” at the same time, and the Espresso Martini was the result...

The espresso martini is a cold, coffee-flavored cocktail made with vodka, espresso coffee, coffee liqueur, and sugar syrup. It is not a true martini as it contains neither gin nor vermouth, but is one of many drinks that incorporate the term into their names. The original recipe used equal parts Absolut Vanilla and Kahlua, one shot of espresso and organic sugar instead of sugar syrup. The fresh espresso helped melt the sugar which produced a stronger version of the cocktail instead of using sugar syrup.

Sounds dangerous .. very dangerous.. I remember a very messy evening once with a friend, as we tried to perfect B52's from a vague idea of what we thought must be in them and in what order .. we probably went through a version of the espresso martini in our testing ...

ssar

Apr 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW Australia
Gotta love a thread titled BEER.
Been enjoying Carlton Mid @ home lately, also snagged a case of Tall Cans (~440ml?) Coopers Pale Ale, limited editions for same price as case of 375mL Cans, thoroughly enjoying those occasionally too.
Really lookin' forward to revisiting the beloved Schooners of Carlton Draught @ a pub when they reopen.

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Been enjoying Carlton Mid @ home lately, also snagged a case of Tall Cans (~440ml?) Coopers Pale Ale, limited editions for same price as case of 375mL Cans, thoroughly enjoying those occasionally too.
Really lookin' forward to revisiting the beloved Schooners of Carlton Draught @ a pub when they reopen.
A recommendation - give this a Burl Shirl - it'll blow your mind. Up. Of course handle with care.

Super Hornet - 8.7% - Black Hops Brewing

super-hornet-glass.jpg

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
Now this is a thread I can contribute to... Cheers!
Here are three that are always in my beer fridge. Definitely give these a shot if you like hoppy IPA's and they are available in your area.

Fat Heads - Head Hunter IPA
Fat Heads - Hop Stalker IPA
Founders - Double Trouble IPA

372860F9-BB05-4ED8-A28F-2F135E22EA53.jpeg

B0070153-FE9B-43FA-95D9-A9BC5331A0F8.jpeg

041CC884-A9D3-4B64-95BF-4E3B279076AA.jpeg

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead

Aaargh you bastard, first thing I did when I was out in Oz last year was buy a slab of Carlton mid strength. God I miss that place :cry:
Looks like Bud will have to do back in old Blightly (y)

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
The espresso martini is a cold, coffee-flavored cocktail made with vodka, espresso coffee, coffee liqueur, and sugar syrup. It is not a true martini as it contains neither gin nor vermouth, but is one of many drinks that incorporate the term into their names. The original recipe used equal parts Absolut Vanilla and Kahlua, one shot of espresso and organic sugar instead of sugar syrup. The fresh espresso helped melt the sugar which produced a stronger version of the cocktail instead of using sugar syrup.

Sounds dangerous .. very dangerous.. I remember a very messy evening once with a friend, as we tried to perfect B52's from a vague idea of what we thought must be in them and in what order .. we probably went through a version of the espresso martini in our testing ...
I had a few of those as a pick me up at the works Xmas party , god I was nightmare a few hours later but I had a great time ?

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Al stick to the whisky

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles