Battery sleeve / Changing wheels?

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Hey all. A few Rail questions:

1) Has anyone found a sleeve to carry a spare RIB to protect it in a pack?

2) Is there anything making it unusually difficult to swap out the OEM wheels for aftermarket/handbuilt wheels?

3) Can the Kiox switch between "OFF" and a powered mode as easily as it switches between different powered modes?

4) Has anyone had luck finding a good deal on parts to convert a 625 Powertube to an RIB?

Thanks!

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Was in a hurry.
1) Read Here
2) I have a spare Nukeproof wheelset that I had road tires on until I broke a couple spokes snagging a root. Just needed to buy a magnet to attach to the rotor bolts.
3) All the way down is unpowered - thus 5 positions 1: U/P - 2: Eco - 3: Tour - 4: eMTB - 5: Turbo
4) Not certain what you need besides the sleeve. I thought the Trek like most Bosch powered bikes just uses standard Bosch batteries.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Was in a hurry.
No worries, I wasn't being sarcastic.
Not quite was I was looking for but a good alternative, thanks!
2) I have a spare Nukeproof wheelset that I had road tires on until I broke a couple spokes snagging a root. Just needed to buy a magnet to attach to the rotor bolts.
Excellent. I'd prefer to build up a wheelset with torque caps and an Onyx Classic rear hub.
3) All the way down is unpowered - thus 5 positions 1: U/P - 2: Eco - 3: Tour - 4: eMTB - 5: Turbo
Ok, good to know. It would be nice to shut off the motor completely when I'm hypermiling and can live without it.
4) Not certain what you need besides the sleeve. I thought the Trek like most Bosch powered bikes just uses standard Bosch batteries.
Trek Rail Parts Diagram - Carbon - EMTB Forums Page 9. My dealer quoted me something like $360 before tax on the parts other than the battery in order to have a second RIB to swap out on the trail. That makes this one of the most expensive batteries in terms of dollars per watt-hour by a wide margin.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles