Levo SL Gen 1 Battery not charging

m broad

Apr 30, 2024
Uk
Hi. I have a 2019 levo, my 500w battery won't charge, when I connect the charger the 3rd light on the actual battery just flashes at double speed constantly it now won't turn on the bike,
I don't think it is the charger as I have a 2nd battery and that charges fine. Never had an issue with this battery and I only used it 5 days ago.
Any thought's please

DS.

Mar 15, 2019
Devon
Just had a Levo 2019 700wh battery pack up all the lights stayed on and wouldn’t go off had to bite the bullet and buy a new one did get a bit of discount from specialized

m broad

Apr 30, 2024
Uk
Just had a Levo 2019 700wh battery pack up all the lights stayed on and wouldn’t go off had to bite the bullet and buy a new one did get a bit of discount from specialized
OK. Thanks for the info, luckily I have other batteries and the faulty one is the original, but disappointed though as it stated it was 100% health last time I checked

Cheers anyway

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
it stated it was 100% health last time I checked

While your computer might have reported that the battery was in 100% perfect health, it was not.

From the day that the battery was made, it started to deteriorate. When the bike is being ridden, the battery is deteriorating. When the battery is being charged, it is deteriorating. When the bike is just sitting there in the garage, it is deteriorating. After five years of riding, if the computer reports 100% health, it's wrong.

Why the computer is reporting erroneously is anybody's guess. Maybe the hardware that measures the voltages is faulty. Maybe the software that computes the voltages is faulty. Maybe the manufacturer is using phony baloney logic in determining what 100% actually means. Trying to figure out WHY the reporting was wrong is an exercise in futility. Failure of a five year old battery is not especially surprising, and you have others, so it's probably best to just write this one off as a cost of riding.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles