Battery Issue

May 26, 2019
Sherwood
Apologies this has probably been already answered amongst the 24 other pages of owner issues.

Last week after transporting my Levo in monsoon conditions, the battery displayed red lights on a full charge and failed to provide power to the motor. Disconnecting it and removing it from the frame this changed to green lights but two remained red regardless of setting.

I've dried it out and yesterday they all returned green. The MC App confirmed battery as 100% healthy.

This morning, still with a full charge with same bill of health on the App, only 2 LEDs light up with no remote control, or movement to trail or turbo via the battery control.
Is there a simple recovery or is it the hassle of going through warranty?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
So everything was OK until the monsoon trip? I am assuming the bike was on the roof or rack on the back of a car? If so the water pressure would be the equivalent of a pressure wash! So potential areas where water could have caused electrical connection problems are the remote on the bars and the TCU on the top tube......maybe even the battery to motor connector. So all 3 need inspection and drying out. I would think the most vulnerable was the remote.

May 26, 2019
Sherwood
It was on the back of the car. The bike hasn't been used since in a attempt to dry things out, I must confess I never considered the remote needed drying out too.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles