Battery issue i think...

Damo81

Sep 8, 2020
Melbourne Au
Hello I have a Focus Whistler 2 ive ridden about 20km all up i ran my battery flat the other day i thought i charged it i took ot out for a ride today and the battery was flashing on 1 blue light i brought it home plugged in the charger and its not charging its still flashing on 1 blue light on the bike tube. I removed the battery from the tube of the bike and the battery says its full anyone have any idea whats going on? The charger goes solid red for about 1 minute then goes solid green when the bike is there a way to reset the bike?

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Sure sounds like it. There do seem to be more than a few problems with new batteries at the moment. Probably down to the massive increase in orders from suppliers with a (probable) drop off in QC. Back to the shop you bought it from with a demand to have it put right, I should think.

Tymon170

Jul 19, 2020
NZ
Had the same problem it was intermittent and initially thought to be a charger issue but in the end turned out to be the regulating circuit in the battery pack. New battery pack fitted and bingo.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Glad it’s been sorted.

Reminded me of the time my wife’s eMTB just conked out halfway up a steep climb. After pushing the power button on and off several times it went back on again. After a week it did it again even though the battery indicator says it’s got enough charge. Turned out to be a dirty terminal in the connector between the battery and the bike. Some muddy water got in and eventually some surface corrosion formed a barrier over time.

RobbyD rides Emtb

Oct 16, 2020
Boise Idaho USA
Hello I have a Focus Whistler 2 ive ridden about 20km all up i ran my battery flat the other day i thought i charged it i took ot out for a ride today and the battery was flashing on 1 blue light i brought it home plugged in the charger and its not charging its still flashing on 1 blue light on the bike tube. I removed the battery from the tube of the bike and the battery says its full anyone have any idea whats going on? The charger goes solid red for about 1 minute then goes solid green when the bike is there a way to reset the bike?
Contact the service peeps where you bought your bike and take it in for warranty service.
If your like me and purchased your bike from out of area, still contact the shop.
I recently had my internal battery stop charging the battery 100%, I calculated it was getting to just above 70% then my charger lit up RED. I immediately contacted both BMZ and Focus bikes, as the shop I purchased the 2018 Jam2 from doesn't respond.
I have 1300 miles on the bike, probably 1000 on internal and 300 on my TEC pak. After a few follow up emails I received a CC email from Derby cycles, which authorized a replacement battery and charging unit. I installed my new internal battery this afternoon and was happy to see the battery fully charged.
In short, be direct but kind, explain exactly what is happening with charger and battery. I used the Kalkoff warranty website, completed every question and uploaded pics when protocol required, and am quite satisfied now, but it did take some time. I would've gone bonkers without my TEC pack which charges full.
All the best

20201017_131554.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles