Levo Gen 2 base 2019 Levo fork upgrade did I order the right one?

Apr 26, 2020
Out west
Its the right one. you may want to explore 51 vs 44 offset. The 44 plus the added 10mm travel will make the bike more stable at high speed decents but sacrifice slow speed handling. If I were you, I'd go with the 51 but thats just me. I like XC type riding vs full on DH at warp speeds

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
How easy is it to install the volume spacers? I am having some put in the shock when they install the fork, I might just try the fork stock for a bit. I have never had much issue bottoming out the fork only the shock...

Apr 26, 2020
Out west
You'll want to add spacers. Or tell the shop to do it. It'll let you run a lower air pressure in the shock. It'll be more compliant while have less tendency to bottom out. The best of both worlds

It's super easy.... You need a 5 dollar cassette tool, a large crescent wrench and a shock pump. Google - bottomless tokens - and watch the videos. You'll know as much as anyone

Apr 26, 2020
Out west
You'll want to add spacers. Or tell the shop to do it. It'll let you run a lower air pressure in the shock. It'll be more compliant while have less tendency to bottom out. The best of both worlds

It's super easy.... You need a 5 dollar cassette tool, a large crescent wrench and a shock pump. Google - bottomless tokens - and watch the videos. You'll know as much as anyone

Opps! Bottomless tokens are Rockshox... Fox calls them volume spacers. I don't own any fox forks so not sure what tools are needed. Ask the shop or Google and ye shall find!

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
To go against what 2 dollars is saying.....don't stuff it full of tokens straight away and drop the pressure. You need to put the correct pressure into the fork to start with to get the correct sag and then ride it. Pretty sure they come with two tokens already fitted which may have enough progression for you, it may even be too much but only then can you make a educated decision on what to do next. Dropping pressure and stuffing full of tokens is bad advice.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles