Bafang m510

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
If You go to the order options, You find M510 with M16 one or two bolts to order. Please check 😊
strange. i see it, M15 and M16 at one or set of two. But i can only select M15 (M500/600). But solved, i have found it inside other dealer store (but not by filter with "M510 crank arms screw")

Caio

Apr 24, 2021
Sao Paulo Brazil
One question, the new 5 modes to Eco / Trail / Sport / Sport+ / Boost are available via software upgrade? Which one?
I was able to source the new torque sensor FC 02, I was wondering if I need specific firmware to work with?

Thanks
Caio

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
One question, the new 5 modes to Eco / Trail / Sport / Sport+ / Boost are available via software upgrade? Which one?
I was able to source the new torque sensor FC 02, I was wondering if I need specific firmware to work with?

Thanks
Caio
only available on DPC 244/245 display.

Andy5

Apr 10, 2023
Czech republic

Thanks
Caio,

Yesterday I changed torque sensor in my M510, that was faulty in new motor. The sensor failure was manifested by momentary outages of motor support even when pressing the pedal, or only support only with higher pressure on the pedal. Throttle always worked and no error codes. Old and new sensor is this some type: GR PA410. 48 ST 2.0. Without calibration of torque sensor (Besst and Besst pro -it does not work). With new torque sensor without any problem today after first ride (3,5 hours).

Caio

Apr 24, 2021
Sao Paulo Brazil
Yesterday I changed torque sensor in my M510, that was faulty in new motor. The sensor failure was manifested by momentary outages of motor support even when pressing the pedal, or only support only with higher pressure on the pedal. Throttle always worked and no error codes. Old and new sensor is this some type: GR PA410. 48 ST 2.0. Without calibration of torque sensor (Besst and Besst pro -it does not work). With new torque sensor without any problem today after first ride (3,5 hours).
That’s good to know,
How difficult was the swap? Did you required any special tooling to do this?

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
Hej,
What kind of tool is required for installation of chainring.
Is this propriety BAFANG tool, or can something standard be used?

1681985340320.png

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Hello bafang e-bikers

Black Box 3 - you can set all the parameters of M510, speed limit, circumference by simple hold of button on your display. Plus some more functions ASLS, calibration, memory for your originla setup.

1682032904952.png

For more info, pictures, video, ordering check google forms page:
https://forms.gle/GdX6NKoe6eGqpqYJ9

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Hey, guys. What is the consensus on the firmware for FC1?
I read that 3.1cs seems to be good and 3.6 has problems with assist after pedal stops

Also, what is the difference between the Rev_I and Rev_E folders on GitHub?

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Hi again :) Does anyone know how to increase the speed limit on the M510 above 32 km/h? I can pedal with normal cadence at 36 km\h, but the besst tool told me that I can't do it (dealer and assembler can't do it) (both besstpro (latest version) and old besst (version 18) software).

Andy5

Apr 10, 2023
Czech republic
Hi again :) Does anyone know how to increase the speed limit on the M510 above 32 km/h? I can pedal with normal cadence at 36 km\h, but the besst tool told me that I can't do it (dealer and assembler can't do it) (both besstpro (latest version) and old besst (version 18) software).
I had this some problem. In Besst pro it does not work, I had in older Besst problem with ports. Succsessfuly solved with cable from Aliexpres-set to max. 60km/hour: site 23.44ï¿¡ 39% OFF|For BAFANG Programming Cable Speed Limit Release Wheel Diameter Setting M400 M600 M510 All CAN Protocol Dedicated Line| | - AliExpress

Matthias

Aug 10, 2022
Austria
I‘m selling my used M510 FC1 appr. 1.800 km never opened never saw pressure washer or excessive water from hose or rain. Motor runs on firmware

CRX10NC4814i101003-1-cs-28-2230-boot3-0-20220517161110-48v-M510.bin

with no issues. The motor comes with new crankset 170mm, new spider and 32T chainring, new motor cover, new bashguard, all new wiring, mounting bolts, etc.

Including used DP-C241 display (Bluetooth and USB port) and used remote unit.

I sell it because I received my new M510 motor recently. I don’t need all the new parts that came with the motor beside display and remote.

PM if You are interested!
Hello thaeber,
I have the same motor (FC1 and DP C241) and some issues with error 11 (overheating) and some delay after pedaling (motor is stilling working for about 1 sec).
I have no BESST-Tool for changing the settings. I sent an email to Bafang describing my problems. They say that the delay after pedaling is a feature not a bug and for the overheatig problem I should wait a few minutes so that the motor can cool down...
So I am thinking about a new motor (FC2) and a new controller with the best firmware. What was your experience: Is the new motor with the new controller and the latest firmware (if I buy it from Chili) reliable? Like Plug & Play?
Thanks for your quick response.
Best Regards,
Matthias

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Hello thaeber,
I have the same motor (FC1 and DP C241) and some issues with error 11 (overheating) and some delay after pedaling (motor is stilling working for about 1 sec).
I have no BESST-Tool for changing the settings. I sent an email to Bafang describing my problems. They say that the delay after pedaling is a feature not a bug and for the overheatig problem I should wait a few minutes so that the motor can cool down...
So I am thinking about a new motor (FC2) and a new controller with the best firmware. What was your experience: Is the new motor with the new controller and the latest firmware (if I buy it from Chili) reliable? Like Plug & Play?
Best Regards,
Matthias
What firmware do you have? I tried 3.6 on my motor today. Holy cow. This firmware is impossible to ride. It's not safe.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Hello thaeber,
Best Regards,
Matthias
Hi Matthias, my M510 FC2 has run for 150km now and works flawless so far. But to be honest, I never had any major (no overheating/ no cutouts) issues with my M510 FC1, so no big difference. And yes, plug and play!

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Hello thaeber,
Best Regards,
Matthias
11 is not overheating, but speed sensor or caddence sensor.

10 is overheating if I remember right.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava

Yes, it is now controlling region. Maybe try VPN to go from america.

Here is no hassle device and simple to set params with press of button.

Check this google forms for more info, pictures, video and ordering.

K1 BB3 ebay.jpg

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Ouch…my new M510 with the firmware from @temon10: 14F802010.1 shows no power reduction above 10% SoC…
Yes, finally Bafang comes to mind. ;))

It is very wrong, u would buy stronger motor M600, and then u find out you can not even keep up with Bosch motor when you under 40%. Then It shows only 420W. :(

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Today I tried all the firmware I have in the rocky climb.
I have an FC1 with base firmware 3.1 as the basis. I have horrible cutoffs and a horrible rattling sound from the motor. It looks like I have torque sensor issues, because in the beginning I only had cutoffs on low-steep climbs and low assist levels, and now I have horrible cutoffs on technical climbs with strong assist levels (this is all on 3.1 firmware). My supplier sent me a warranty motor (unfortunately, it's still an FC1, but with 3.6 firmware). But that's just the backstory.
For the reason that I can't get my warranty motor yet and I have a besst I decided to play with the firmware.
1) 3.1 cs is the most natural FW. Like it, but I have the same cutoffs unfortunately. Riding without pleasure.
2) 3.6 is a terrible FW. Really dangerous. After you stop pedalling, the motor gives full power for 2-3 seconds. Yes, I read about it, but I didn't think it was that crappy. But I don't have cutoffs on this FW, hi bafang, if you decided to fix the crappy torque sensor behaviour this way, I'm not your customer.
3) 3.2 is something between 3.1 cs and 3.6. As a result, I have less cutoffs, but still have assist after stopping the pedaling. I also noticed that with 3.2FW I have a weak walkmode (but I had about 20% battery and that may be the reason).
I realize that I have a defective motor, but the behavior of the different FWs is so various.
The questions still remain:
1) Are there any FWs for the FC1 that you can suggest trying?
2) Is Walkmode on 3.2 so weak or was my battery capacity low?
3) I was playing around with BESSTpro, changing parameters (mostly angle and acceleration). When I change FW, those parameters don't change. Is this normal? Also, when the Besst box writes the FW to the controller, I get error 30 on the display, but the box still changes the FW. Is this ok?
4)Torque sensor calibration via besst. I have only been able to do it once, it is no longer performed. Is this normal?
Thanks in advance and sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language :)

Last edited:

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Last points...

Yes, config parameters are not overwritten during firmware flash. It would be holding registers in separate eeprom, not main microcontroller flash memory.

Error 30 on display - it is normal. As besst is not sending proper controller can packets to display. You do not need to connect display during firmware flash. Cable to display is there if you want to flash lcd firmware or reset ODO.

iscander13

Oct 11, 2021
earth
Last points...

Yes, config parameters are not overwritten during firmware flash. It would be holding registers in separate eeprom, not main microcontroller flash memory.

Error 30 on display - it is normal. As besst is not sending proper controller can packets to display. You do not need to connect display during firmware flash. Cable to display is there if you want to flash lcd firmware or reset ODO.
Thank you very much for Info!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles