Bafang M500/M600 Dual Suspension Frames

incognito

Sep 3, 2021
UK
Inspired by Robs build and not willing to spend £8000 yet on emtb I am thinking about building ebike based on Bafang platform for next year. I think with the news about M510 (updated M500) coming in as a preferred choice.

Are there any viable alternatives to Dengfu E10 frame that is being used on most of this type DIY builds?

I have found some options below, but not checked to many details yet.

There are also few more similar on Aliexpress etc. I was wondering if anyone has any alternatives or is Dengfu E10 best possible option.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
If you bare with me @incognito, I'll do my best to share with you pics, links and sites which might help.

I'm still making enquiries via my supplier to see how best to get them into the UK so I'll be sure to watch this thread and update this and the other Bafang frame related threads as soon I get confirmed facts.

I'm on my break at this point but as soon as I wrap up work related matters, I'll share my findings ??

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
i have ordered an lightcarbon. But it will be available only in july 2022 (normally). it is the only two brands (dengfu and lightcarbon) who i have find to providing frame in XL, with historical of several good return for their products.

i have allready contacted lightcarbon some years ago, but they wasn't interested to provide 1 frame for an final customer, it's seem they have changed their policy.

One remarq. As i have already said several times, if the goal is to save money, built is bike is not the better solution

Kiwikev

Jan 11, 2022
Auckland, New Zealand
A new frame or full build option for M500, M510 and M600

www.vmgbikes.com/typhon
Hi Chris - I have to say I'm impressed with what you have done with the Typhon. The development page on your website was very insightful and I do think you have nailed the geo on your frames compared to the current offerings available for the Bafang m500/m600. Also would you ship a frameset (no shock) over the ditch to me in Auckland? I would think that you would have to ship the battery separately to the rest of the frame but shouldn't be much of an issue? I want to run a Fox X2 and 38 (no Suntour support in NZ) on it so are you able to supply a base tune for that as The Suspension Lab in Rotorua will help get it dialed in on the trails there.

VMG Chris

Feb 25, 2021
Sydney
Hi Chris - I have to say I'm impressed with what you have done with the Typhon. The development page on your website was very insightful and I do think you have nailed the geo on your frames compared to the current offerings available for the Bafang m500/m600. Also would you ship a frameset (no shock) over the ditch to me in Auckland? I would think that you would have to ship the battery separately to the rest of the frame but shouldn't be much of an issue? I want to run a Fox X2 and 38 (no Suntour support in NZ) on it so are you able to supply a base tune for that as The Suspension Lab in Rotorua will help get it dialed in on the trails there.

Thanks KiwiKev, we really felt there was a gap to be filled for a Bafang powered bike with modern geo.

I can ship a frame and motor to NZ no problem via Fedex, but the battery we'll have to find another courier service as Fedex won't ship dangerous items to NZ for some reason.

PM or contact me directly via our website to discuss further

VMG Chris

Feb 25, 2021
Sydney
Thanks KiwiKev, we really felt there was a gap to be filled for a Bafang powered bike with modern geo.

I can ship a frame and motor to NZ no problem via Fedex, but the battery we'll have to find another courier service as Fedex won't ship dangerous items to NZ for some reason.

PM or contact me directly via our website to discuss further
I just spoke to Fedex, and it seems I could ship the battery to Auckland

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
I just spoke to Fedex, and it seems I could ship the battery to Auckland
Battery should use the special shipping way, so normally the frame and battery are shipped separately,
UPS have the special way for battery, normally, the battery sellers have the special shipping way for battery,

HiGrade

Founding Member
Feb 7, 2018
Bay Area, CA
Anyone have experience with this?
BXT-EMTB-217
Sc5c2641ed21f4ecd899ef1290af0856eI.jpg

Sc74c8b2d17dc4a18850fcab3d9aab5ecD.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles