Bafang C240 display wont turn on

Filminator

Feb 12, 2023
California
I've check all connections, battery, and controller, and nothing seem wrong, when I go to turn on the display nothing happens.

I was riding one day and went to take a break on a hill and the buke went into its usual shut off after 5 minutes of no action, and when I went to turn it back on nothing happened.

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
I've check all connections, battery, and controller, and nothing seem wrong, when I go to turn on the display nothing happens.

I was riding one day and went to take a break on a hill and the buke went into its usual shut off after 5 minutes of no action, and when I went to turn it back on nothing happened.
re check cable connection from motor to display. push a litle bit harder. usually not firmly connected to display.

Robhnz

Jan 13, 2023
New Zealand
I have experienced exact same symptom as the OP (who seems to have come and gone). Out for an easy dry ride, battery at 80%+, stopped for 5 minutes to look at the view. Bike wouldn't switch back on :-(
I have checked all connections are clean and tight (everything looked clean before I started anyway). Battery contacts clean. I removed the bash plate, crank and side cover and checked all motor connections are clean and good.
I confirmed there is 48V getting to the C240.CAN display (green connector). The power switch is grounding when I press it (pins 1~2 on the purple 6 way connector). I am wondering if the C240 controller itself has died?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019
Ronda, Spain
I have experienced exact same symptom as the OP (who seems to have come and gone). Out for an easy dry ride, battery at 80%+, stopped for 5 minutes to look at the view. Bike wouldn't switch back on :-(
I have checked all connections are clean and tight (everything looked clean before I started anyway). Battery contacts clean. I removed the bash plate, crank and side cover and checked all motor connections are clean and good.
I confirmed there is 48V getting to the C240.CAN display (green connector). The power switch is grounding when I press it (pins 1~2 on the purple 6 way connector). I am wondering if the C240 controller itself has died?
Did you resolve this issue? I too have a bike which was working no problems and now will not power up display using the DP240

NickQi

Jan 16, 2021
China
Replace the main cable may help.

mmexport1710347320003.jpg

napshotman

Feb 28, 2023
SG
Hello Riders,
Since we are the topic of DPC/HMI went to sleep mode and when power on is press on the switch, it doesn't turn-on.
Has anyone use a power-bank to power-on thru the DPC/HMI USB port? I do use the DPC/HMI USB port to charge my phone from time to time but has not use the reverse way to "power-on" the motor thru the USB port. The Specialized TCU has this useful function thou. Thank you for reading.

Herculesridesebikes

Jun 19, 2023
Australia

I had a similar problem I have the cef50 with the power button on the frame. I went through and checked all the cables and still had the same issue. I got it to start working again but now when I hit the power button on the frame I immediately need to hit the power on the display, if I wait more than 3 or 4 seconds it just won't turn on and I have to to turn the frame power button off and on again. Not sure if this helps but worth a try maybe.

napshotman

Feb 28, 2023
SG
I had a similar problem I have the cef50 with the power button on the frame. I went through and checked all the cables and still had the same issue. I got it to start working again but now when I hit the power button on the frame I immediately need to hit the power on the display, if I wait more than 3 or 4 seconds it just won't turn on and I have to to turn the frame power button off and on again. Not sure if this helps but worth a try maybe.
Hello friend,
I bypass the power on/off button on the frame so only the display HMI on/off button.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles