AXS upgrade and cable holes in the frame

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
Those who have upgraded to the AXS wireless shifter, what have you done with the cable holes in the frame? Have you plugged them somehow or maybe left the cable inside the frame?

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
I wonder if one could stuff the cable housing inside the frame and leave small parts of it outside the frame in a clean way? This would allow switching back to cable shifter easily.

faberle

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2021
France Haute Savoie
If you push the housing inside the frame, assuming space is sufficient, it would likely create a mess there (risk to mess up with wire and connector) unless you remove motor and battery to tidy up. I went Axs 2 years ago on my Levo and have never wanted to go back, this is why my rise got axs and I had no hesitation to remove housing and cable. Worse get worse, adding back housing/cable is possible with adequate tool.

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
Somebody apparently has 3D printed plugs for the frame holes. There was a mention about this on one Fb Rise forum. I wonder if he's around here... :)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
If you have the common 6mm x 14mm losenge shaped cable/hose routing holes found in many Aluminium frames generic plastic blanking plates are available for them.
eg.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles