Axs dropper Vs magura

monty1991

Nov 12, 2021
Northern Ireland
Hi guys. Has anyone tried both to compare? New v3 magura is coming soon I believe

What's the reliability like on the axs? Does it need regular maintenance? Cost of upkeep?

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
The AXS is brilliant. No need to take it in for a service like a regular dropper. No cables. Super fast going up and down. Feels like new even after two years.

I take it out to inspect every couple of months. That's it.

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
So I bit the bullet and purchased the axs. Quick one. Do you keep a spare battery?
Yes. The battery does last a long time tho. I just press the button on the side of the dropper before a ride. If flashing yellow, I simply put in the spare charged battery.

Last edited:

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
The AXS is brilliant. No need to take it in for a service like a regular dropper. No cables. Super fast going up and down. Feels like new even after two years.

I take it out to inspect every couple of months. That's it.

That is totally false, Reverb AXS requires 50H, 200H & 600H services.

50H service is basically just clean & apply new grease, but 200H & 600H services have a service kit with parts to replace.

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver

50H service is basically just clean & apply new grease, but 200H & 600H services have a service kit with parts to replace.
Interesting. I guess I’ve just been doing the 50H for 2 years and it feels as good as new. Do u have links to the 200H and 600H services? I bet they are still much easier to do than servicing on a regular dropper?

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland

Yes. And those service kits are sometimes hard to find.
My AXS lasted about year. Now i have BrandX Ascend II, no problems and service free. It’s so cheap that you can buy new one if it fails. But these don’t fail what i have heard.
600€ AXS fails.

Edit: but AXS is very nice post when it works; fast operation, no play(Ascend II has fair amount of play).
And AXS works at -25 celsius same way as it works in summer. So works Ascend II also though.
But with 600euros you should get more quality.

IMG_7786.jpeg

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
My AXS reverb dropper is a luxury. It goes up and down like other droppers. But it’s easy to remove, service and adjust. I don’t need a spare battery because my AXS GX derailer has the same one.

I only charge both batteries every 5-7 rides or when the led light flashes red.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles