Assistance installing derailleur on race pro.

Pwrhungry

May 22, 2020
Germany
Not seeing any not h or specific place it must go and the instructions blow up is horrendous.
D4FCB24C-FCC4-476C-943F-BE8CEE6BA056.jpeg

E24FA04B-159A-4726-AE6D-C086B5AC36E3.jpeg

Can anyone tell me if this is correct where the collar goes on the cutout and below the screw threads.

Pwrhungry

May 22, 2020
Germany
Also I put air in the rear shock as I weigh 220, I take the air to 230+ and keeps getting 40-50% sag. I hook the pump back up and it reads nothing or under 50 when I really tighten it down. Then the front I cant get any air to go in it. So frustrated right now. On top of that why would you have a torque wrench that can easily be turned off the zero starting point. If I have to send this back before I even get to try it I think I M just going to get a refund and buy something else. I think I have plenty of choices at 6500 euro.

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
What exacly are you moaning about? Your own incompetence on the tools? I'm only (half) joking....

That's the B tension screw, andf it looks like it's sitting in the correct place. Whether it's adjusted correctly, I cant tell.

Regarding the air pressure - let out all the air and then add 40-50psi at a time and cycle the shock/fork through its stroke a few times, this balances the pos/neg air chambers. You're around 10kg heavier than me and i have to run my Fox rear at 250psi I think it is on my Haibike. You can put up to 300psi in it so just add more air until its correct.

What pump are you using?

Pwrhungry

May 22, 2020
Germany
Incompetent? Ouch. Been a aircraft mechanic for over 20 years and modified a handful of cars but ok. I have aired up the rear shock to 250 cycled, and back to 250 and still had 50% sag. As for the front shock it takes no air at all and the derailleur I just wanted to make sure it’s in the correct position because the instructions aren’t clear and the chain looks like it will rub while riding in lowest gear.
80CC426E-0083-4368-A237-2F7C080B126C.jpeg
025EEB1F-2F93-482F-A737-A245C61F2E83.jpeg

YokoOno

May 5, 2020
Colorado
Incompetent? Ouch. Been a aircraft mechanic for over 20 years and modified a handful of cars but ok. I have aired up the rear shock to 250 cycled, and back to 250 and still had 50% sag. As for the front shock it takes no air at all and the derailleur I just wanted to make sure it’s in the correct position because the instructions aren’t clear and the chain looks like it will rub while riding in lowest gear.

I can't tell from the photos - but it's possible you don't have it installed correctly. B-tension adjusts the gap from the top Rear Derailleur pulley from the cassette. When setting up, put chain into biggest cog. Screw in the b-screw so that the gap increases between RD and cassette. To check, shift up into gear 2, then back to gear 1 and make sure there is clearance. It's best to pull back on the RD when screwing in the b-screw.

Sometimes, when first installing the RD and/or RD hanger, the RD can be installed in such a way that the b-screw isn't properly contacting the
RD resulting in an ability to shift to big cogs - I'm wondering if that's the case here.

This may be helpful to you: Rear Derailleur Adjustment | Park Tool

Regarding rear shock....something isn't right. The shock will los 10-15 psi when installing a pump, but you shouldn't be dropping 50 psi. Be sure to fully seat that pump head on the shock. If possible, try using a different shock pump to verify results.

Pwrhungry

May 22, 2020
Germany
I can't tell from the photos - but it's possible you don't have it installed correctly. B-tension adjusts the gap from the top Rear Derailleur pulley from the cassette. When setting up, put chain into biggest cog. Screw in the b-screw so that the gap increases between RD and cassette. To check, shift up into gear 2, then back to gear 1 and make sure there is clearance. It's best to pull back on the RD when screwing in the b-screw.

Sometimes, when first installing the RD and/or RD hanger, the RD can be installed in such a way that the b-screw isn't properly contacting the
RD resulting in an ability to shift to big cogs - I'm wondering if that's the case here.

This may be helpful to you: Rear Derailleur Adjustment | Park Tool

Regarding rear shock....something isn't right. The shock will los 10-15 psi when installing a pump, but you shouldn't be dropping 50 psi. Be sure to fully seat that pump head on the shock. If possible, try using a different shock pump to verify results.
Thanks a lot for the derailleur info. As for the shock the include pump was leaking, I had to buy a new one and its working. It still takes tons of pumping to get that needle moving about 200psi.

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
Thanks a lot for the derailleur info. As for the shock the include pump was leaking, I had to buy a new one and its working. It still takes tons of pumping to get that needle moving about 200psi.
Yeah same here, I weigh 104 incluing riding gear/water etc. My debon is at ¬240PSI

deksawyer

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jan 11, 2020
Fife, Scotland
Best pump for high PSI - Roxshock 600psi pump. It requires very little effort to install air.

Glad you got the derailleur kinda sorted.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles