Dec 2, 2020
Denmark
Marzocchi Z1?
Apparently made by FOX but cheaper.

i do not know the brand but will take a closer look at it thanks

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I have the DVO D1, but did take a long look a the marzocchi, the price is lower than the others and you'd have the option to go coil either to start or down the road as its sold as an option as well.

The D2 would be another option, very similar to the D1 but the OTT adjustment is internal and it lacks some of the adjustment of the D1

I had a Z2 Bam on my Litespeed years ago and absolutely loved it.

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
i do not know the brand but will take a closer look at it thanks

Marzocchi have been around for decades (motorbikes). They were a big player in mtb for years and then fell on hard times. FOX bought them up and re-launched the brand. The Z2 shares many parts with a FOX 34, I gather. I think even if you take the Rail damper out, it has FOX printed on it.

Frankenbetty

Jun 6, 2020
Llandegla
Im seriously impressed with my Z2s. Lovely small bump sensitivity and they just eat up big hits time after time without losing composure or feeling like a wet noodle
they give up a few grams to the top line Fox and Rockshox offerings but on an E-Bike it makes sod all difference anyway and at half the price it was a no brainer.
they feel like proper old school bombers and remind me of the old Z1s I had on my 5 Spot

Last edited:

Niklas Kinn

Dec 2, 2020
Denmark
I love it , so plush , easy to set up , I tried two different spring weights went with the softer of the two ?
Im seriously impressed with my Z2s. Lovely small bump sensitivity and they just eat up big hits time after time without losing composure or feeling like a wet noodle
they give up a few grams to the top line Fox and Rockshox offerings but on an E-Bike it makes sod all difference anyway and at half the price it was a no brainer.
they feel like proper old school bombers and remind me of the old Z1s I had on my 5 Spot

thanks for your opinions, I want to see if I can get a Z2

D

Deleted member 7464

If you ain't too sure on how to set up suspension get the fork that's got the least settings so you can't make a good fork ride like a 20 quid fork.

Niklas Kinn

Dec 2, 2020
Denmark
Man. Just tell your family to eat rice for the next couple weeks and get your dream components.

it's just a matter of not wanting to pay double for something that can do the same thing when I do not have the skills to feel the difference and adjust it properly.

I have decided to wait 4 weeks for my ZEB Ultimate. also meanwhile just run on my levo comp or my kenevo expert ?

Dustjunky

Nov 11, 2020
Derby
Marzocchi Z1?
Apparently made by FOX but cheaper.

The Z1 is a fantastic fork ,I’ve got one on my Kenevo ....get the spring conversion and you will love it ...Its real easy to set up and really is as buttery smooth as they say ....and can take a massive amount of punishment

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
it's just a matter of not wanting to pay double for something that can do the same thing when I do not have the skills to feel the difference and adjust it properly.

I have decided to wait 4 weeks for my ZEB Ultimate. also meanwhile just run on my levo comp or my kenevo expert ?
Great choice on the Zeb Ultimate. I have tried a bunch of forks. I believe the Zeb Ultimate is the best out right now.

I weigh 100kg and run with zero tokens and 79psi. Just to give you a reference. I don’t do jumps or drops. Just hard fast riding flow trails with occasional chunk.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles