As nobody answer me i answered to myself

alessio

Nov 11, 2020
ITALIA
i tryed to have an answer from Focus factory or Fox shox if it were possible to install fox float x2 2021 on my Focus Sam2 6.9 2021 instead the poor coil shock that comes stock on that bike, but nobody answered me, neither somebody did it here, so after some evaluations on the space available in the frame i bought it at my own risk and installed successfully the float x2 on the sam2.
now if any owner of this bike want to do the same option knows that it can be done without any issue, and i'm really satisfied with the performance and the versatility of this air shock.

20210310_154416.jpg

20210310_154211.jpg

20210310_154410.jpg

20210310_154157.jpg

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
i tryed to have an answer from Focus factory or Fox shox if it were possible to install fox float x2 2021 on my Focus Sam2 6.9 2021 instead the poor coil shock that comes stock on that bike, but nobody answered me, neither somebody did it here, so after some evaluations on the space available in the frame i bought it at my own risk and installed successfully the float x2 on the sam2.
now if any owner of this bike want to do the same option knows that it can be done without any issue, and i'm really satisfied with the performance and the versatility of this air shock.

View attachment 55674

View attachment 55675

View attachment 55676

View attachment 55677
what was your frame size, can it be installed on a "medium" or any other size

Mack-tigre

Aug 15, 2020
ES
So it is better that the stock coil in 6.9? Even if it is air?

Or do you change it because you prefer Air?

Thanks for your comments

alessio

Nov 11, 2020
ITALIA
So it is better that the stock coil in 6.9? Even if it is air?

Or do you change it because you prefer Air?

Thanks for your comments
Well it is undeniable that the Fox float x2 is a top air shock and yes i did it cause i prefer the versatility of the air that can be suited easier than a coil, but i understand who prefer the coil shocks for his personal preferences, and my personal experience with the Fox van performance coil shock that come on stock with the bike make me say that is a very poor coil shock devoid of the most important adjustment, if somebody really like the behavior of coil with no wrong surprises then go for a Fox dhx2 or a coil shock of a comparable level

Mack-tigre

Aug 15, 2020
ES
Well it is undeniable that the Fox float x2 is a top air shock and yes i did it cause i prefer the versatility of the air that can be suited easier than a coil, but i understand who prefer the coil shocks for his personal preferences, and my personal experience with the Fox van performance coil shock that come on stock with the bike make me say that is a very poor coil shock devoid of the most important adjustment, if somebody really like the behavior of coil with no wrong surprises then go for a Fox dhx2 or a coil shock of a comparable level
Thanks for your answer.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
If you use a TEC pack, take care to check before purchase whether your shock will fit. When I was looking to fit a DVO Topaz T3 to my size large Focus Jam2, the shock will fit perfectly without the TEC pack, but would collide with the bottom end of the TEC pack on full compression. After careful measurement, I concluded that if I moved the TEC pack rail up the downtube and into the Sam2 slot it would fit even with the shock in the "normal" upright position. If I did not want to take the hit of a higher centre of gravity of the bike and a tight position for the connection cable, then all I had to do was to mount the shock upside down. (Which DVO says is perfectly acceptable).

The DVO Topaz shocks are proving to be very popular, I've been after one since Oct'20. The latest info is that the shock will arrive next week!! Once I have it installed, I will update the thread I started last year.

alessio

Nov 11, 2020
ITALIA
If you use a TEC pack, take care to check before purchase whether your shock will fit. When I was looking to fit a DVO Topaz T3 to my size large Focus Jam2, the shock will fit perfectly without the TEC pack, but would collide with the bottom end of the TEC pack on full compression. After careful measurement, I concluded that if I moved the TEC pack rail up the downtube and into the Sam2 slot it would fit even with the shock in the "normal" upright position. If I did not want to take the hit of a higher centre of gravity of the bike and a tight position for the connection cable, then all I had to do was to mount the shock upside down. (Which DVO says is perfectly acceptable).

The DVO Topaz shocks are proving to be very popular, I've been after one since Oct'20. The latest info is that the shock will arrive next week!! Once I have it installed, I will update the thread I started last year.

usefull warning for those who use the Jam2 that not having the teck pack may not know about this problem, the Sam2 do not use the tech pack:)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
.................................usefull warning for those who use the Jam2 that not having the teck pack may not know about this problem, the Sam2 do not use the tech pack:)

The Shimano powered Sam2 had exactly the same 378Whr frame battery plus the optional 378Whr TEC pack as did the Jam2. The newer Bosch-powered ones (Jam2 as well as Sam2) don't of course.

daju

Apr 21, 2019
manchester by the sea, ma

View attachment 55674

View attachment 55675

View attachment 55676

View attachment 55677
Beautiful pictures

brundu

Jul 30, 2021
Italia
Cciao Alessio ma volendo si può montare al contrario con il pigghy back verso il basso?
Altra domanda ,in tutta onestà come ti trovi
Sulle discese enduro sfasciate?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles