Other Are we and LBS still early adopters with our Kenevos/Levos?

SwissChess

Aug 6, 2020
Switzerland
I love my 14-month-old 2020 Kenevo (6000 km) it is so much FUN...... But I'm thinking of selling my garage since my bike is spending more time at the LBS than it should!

Guaranty replacement
3 Motors (third one 20200611 has/had 3000 km)
2 TUC's
2 rear shocks
4 Water Problems (mission control: you have water in your system it's no problem, but bring it to you LBS to check)

More Service requirements
4 chains
1 front&back cassette
brake pads

Going out for a ride returned in the rain - now the bike is back at the LBS, not starting up. LBS start changing electric cables but not knowing is it the cable is it the battery or again motor, and I'm waiting again.

You can see as much I love my Kenevo, I'm getting frustrated!
Not knowing if it is this it starts up when I like to go for a ride or will it break on me.
Putting TUC's in rice for the/using my wife's Hairdryer, which by the way got me into trouble :) and spending more time at forums than outside!

What are you thought or how many replacements did you have?

Last edited:

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
60,000km is 989km/week or 141km/day seven days a week. ie 88 miles every single day. It's possible of course, but it is probably a typo!

It's possible but it would have to be 2 charges / 2 rides a day.

I was going at this rate when I used to demo E Bikes before I bought one. Demo'd them for 4 days at a time and rode them as much as possible. Very fun, no maintenance worries

Mcgoose

Feb 23, 2021
Finland
With all that hype whats going on around specialized, not worth of owning.
Higher price than many other, same amount or more problems, but worst customer service.
I have had four ebike:
Vitus esommet 2019( rode over 5000km no warranty cases)
Yt decoy 2019(rode 1200km, no warranty cases)
Specialized kenevo expert 2020( rode 1300( three warranty cases and still waiting solution for last one after ten week)
Commencal meta power team 2020 (still riding and propably riding their bike after this one. They had faster customer service and they are willing to keep bike rolling even the fault is not their) thumbs up for commencal

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Vitus esommet 2019( rode over 5000km no warranty cases)
Well no ones going to believe that ! ;) :LOL:

Welcome to the forum, are you planning on joining in or just spamming every spesh thread with the same story ?

You're not the first person to have less than stella Spesh service in the nordic regions. But at the same time, you've not said what your problem actually is ?

You also said in the other thread that you "used" to own a Kenevo and it's the 10 week anniversary of your third problem. So as far as we know, you sold it on week one and are just having a bad day ?

Last edited:

Mcgoose

Feb 23, 2021
Finland
Plan to join.
Owned kenevo 8months, last warranty problem is having ten week anniversary, sold kenevo on december when lbs said that it took week or two with the shock. So i cave another shock to new owner from my trail bike.
Problems were one seatpost, one motor and one shock.
And yes i know that their warranty does not cover third part stuff.
But so are with other brand and like commencal wanted to give new chainring even it is not their warranty case.
Would though that spesh would like to put a little more effort or temporary solution. But no, it is in customer who has to be sufferer.
For the end this is only my opinion and if it doesn't suit for someone, sorry about that. Not trying to be rude

h.grenade

Feb 13, 2021
PNW
I was told by 2 local spesh dealers that the Kenevo production was actually discontinued 2 years ago. It hasn't stopped them from selling what stock they had. Just a note on the shock problems, this is not new for FSR bikes. They use really high leverage ratios and it can be rough on shafts. The old enduros had the same problems. I personally just love the way it rides. If you break a shock it means that you are having proper fun haha

It does suck for people that own them though. I really wanted the kenevo but could not find one in the US. What ever is coming next will be pretty cool I'm sure. I slightly longer travel levo is basically the same thing. I'm pretty certain that the frames are almost identical and built from the same specs. Only the seat tube and top tube are any different. I would love to know what some engineer types think. Could the frames really be that different inside. How likely is it?

roccobarocco

Feb 26, 2020
Germany
They really should focus on quality, all these problems are sometimes too much to take. I sold my Levo since it was most of the time at the LBS. I am able to fix most things on my own, however, should something go wrong with the drivetrain or electronic it's the dealers business. What does an extended warranty help, if you can't get replacement when you need it?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles