Are these apps right ?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
So I want to know the health of my battery, but what do I believe.
Done 4500km and 92 charge cycles 504wh
Battery health as follows :
Original mission control 95%
New Mission Control 100%
BLEvo 91% (460wh)
EGENESIS 91%(460wh)

I did just do 70km with 1300m elevation and returned with 6% left.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Long answer... There are plenty of things you can measure to evaluate battery “health”. Unfortunately many are quite hard to measure accurately, and since none of the manufacturers explain the parameters they use or how they weight them it is pretty worthless IMO. Certainly comparing between different apps (especially 3rd party ones) is pointless as it’s almost certain their calculation is different. In the event of a warranty claim I guess it is the OEM app (Mission Control) that Spec would use, but in that instance I am sure they are going to have a more advanced battery testing rig to validate whether there is really a problem or not.

Short answer... If it delivers the performance (range and power) you need on the trail for the rides you do, try not to worry about it - all batteries degrade over time and usage, other than not storing at full charge for long periods they should give you many years of service for the average rider.

Last edited:

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
So they are like Strava
Probably worse tbh. At least with Strava you know what is is using and where the error is likely to come from; GPS position + the passage of time. With BMS's we have absolutely no idea what parameters (internal resistance, total voltage, individual cell voltages, capacity delivered during last charge etc.) they are using and how they are calculating this mystical figure. The only thing they really allow is a very rough comparaison of two batteries, but based on your figures it would seem only if you are using the same version of the same app.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles