Levo Gen 2 Right tyre size

Clemski

Jun 22, 2021
Guildford
I've got 29 x 2.6 Butcher tyres on at the moment, which I hate. I like the Maxis High Rollers but can only get 29 x 2.3. Is it okay to fit this size or should I wait until I can get the correct size. It seems that tyres of the correct size are rarer than rocking horse s----. Cheers in advance

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I saw 2.3 tire on a Levo a while back, it looked very funny/strange compared to my 2.6, I cannot tell how 2.3 rides though. I would wait for 2.6 if I were you.

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
I've got 29 x 2.6 Butcher tyres on at the moment, which I hate. I like the Maxis High Rollers but can only get 29 x 2.3. Is it okay to fit this size or should I wait until I can get the correct size. It seems that tyres of the correct size are rarer than rocking horse s----. Cheers in advance

I find the 2.6 on the back leave to little clearance for mud an little stones... (Maxxis Dissector ) so running 2.4b and 2.6F

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
For me 2.4 is the sweet spot on the Levo. 2.6 provide a nice comfy ride but squirm too much if pushed. On the rear it also leaves precious little mud clearance. Levos were delivered as standard in some territories with 2.3 on the back. I use 2.3 Eliminators in the summer, 2.4 Michelin Wild in the winter.

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Specialized hillbilly 29 x 2.6 will fit nicely with room to spare since a bit small for a 2.6 tire. Superior tire for wet conditions. Also good in dry conditions as well but braking on rear tire only average when dry. Front tire turning grip in mud is excellent. Sheds mud very well also. Never packs up. Edge knobs will squirm on asphalt/ exposed rock but I never notice it off road in the dirt. Excellent at holding onto slick wet off-camber roots. My favorite all conditions tire year-round. Actually as good as the Michelin E wild but not as heavy. Not that expensive and long wearing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles