Anyone used an Andystand ?

Clint600f

Apr 9, 2018
Newtownards
These only work with hollow cranks. It doesn't work on my Kenevo as the holding arm is too wide. I can use it on my other bikes though so not a complete waste of money.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
£40 ?
That was my initial thought, although it’s not great marketing that the first pics actually show the cost of two.

https://andystand.co.uk/product/as-1-classic-stand/

Oh I see! Yes, I didn't spot that the prices quoted were for two items. I agree, bad marketing! While I will back off my first thought about it being "expensive". I still wouldn't pay £40 for one. I already have two workstands. If I was in the habit of waiting until I got to the trail before doing my maintenance, then maybe it would come in useful as it is a lot more compact than either of my workstands.

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
For what I needed I did a quick bit of bodging.

IMG_0083.jpg

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
The ‘proper’ ones have a longer bar into the crank and lift the back wheel off the ground. You can then turn the pedals to oil the chain etc.
You do need to make sure it is a burly one for an ebike or it will just bend with the weight.

I like em for washing off my bikes. Easy to setup and you can get all around.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
This looks interesting for a bit of rear maintenance where you don’t want to use a full stand, I’m thinking tire change, lube and mech adjustment, or a simple stand for enduro events.

https://andystand.co.uk/

I bought one in 2012 for my old hardtail cube LTD SL with the hollow shimano crank - still got them both (sons bike now) and still love the stand.

When I got the Levo I replaced it with one of these and I’m equally happy ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles