Anyone used 155mm hope cranks

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Twatted my pedal off a rock at dalby yesterday and thought I’d bent the axle. Took pedal off this morning and it looks fine but will pop it on another bike later to check. If the pedals ok it means I’ve bent the crank arm so was thinking of using hope 155mm ones as a replacement. Anyone got them What are they like. I’m only short at 5’7 so can’t imagine they’d be a problem but what’s your experiences

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
I put some on the other day.
Got them for £150 from activesport
Haven't had a proper ride on them yet, but I've barely noticed a difference to the stock arms commuting to work with them this week.

Last edited:

Rail5

Dec 12, 2019
Yorkshire
I’ve just bought some 155 got them for a good deal from sprockets cycles. I originally went with the Miranda’s but they didn’t last two minutes about 3 rides 50 mile to be precise. Learnt my lesson by cheap buy twice lol

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
also bent a crank arm yesterday. Also thought it was the pedal, it wasn't.

I took the crank arm off and looked at it but it is sposed to have bends in it so difficult to tell what was going on.

I took the other one off and compared them. It then became obvious that the LH one had a slight bend as the pedal wasn't straight, comparing the cranks/pedals symmetrically opposed.

New crankset seems to be £280. not keen on that. also out of stock at LBS and unavailable from Spesh.

I put it on concrete ground and gave it some hammer action. Bit of trial and error with that and its now near perfect.

Worth a try?

Neverbeentomoab

Jun 17, 2019
Middlesbrough
Long wait for hope cranks and I’ve a trip to coed y brenin for a few days planned at the end of the month. My lbs ordered a left hand crank arm for me said it would be about £40.

frankenbike

Sep 18, 2019
i've got about 1500 kms on Miranda 155mm cranks - one of the best changes on my ride IMO, virtually eliminating crank strikes. No issues with the cranks - quality seems fine so curious what actually happened with @Rail5 ?

Rail5

Dec 12, 2019
Yorkshire
i've got about 1500 kms on Miranda 155mm cranks - one of the best changes on my ride IMO, virtually eliminating crank strikes. No issues with the cranks - quality seems fine so curious what actually happened with @Rail5 ?
I will agree about the best changes totally different ride no pedal strikes at all.. basically the thread stripped out of the crank arm making it impossible to put the pedal bsck in on the drive side, with a little research there was other people who have had the same problem. Even though I checked before each ride that the pedals was secure and tight it basically just wore away at the threads in no time making them no good

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
I’ve done about 6500k’s using Miranda 155’s with out any issues. I’m 5.7 also, 155’s are just right for my little legs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles