Anyone tested the Twonav Trail 2 bike?

Infex

Jan 20, 2020
Tessenderlo, Belgium
So I've been using the garmin 1030 from a friend of mine for a couple of rides, and I just can't come to grips with it. The calculation of a ride takes ages (rerouting is an absolute joke IMO), the interface is as laggy as it can be, and I'm not interested in 95% of the functions it offers.

Usually I'm not the kind of person that has issues with electronics, but garmin seems to make the whole ordeal of adding a simple gpx file to the unit overly complex. I find this kind of strange since everyone single review online describes the 1030 as the best cycling GPS out there.

All I want is a GPS that shows a track that I can follow (I mostly enduro ride enduro trails, and don't even desire turn by turn navigation).
I don't care about extra sensors and post ride info. I just want to explore new trails and not get lost and ride the same trail 4 times.

So I came across the Twonav Trail 2, it looks like the perfect option for me, but I can't seem to find too many reviews on it online. Does anyone have any information on this piece of kit?

pacnwtexan

Jun 10, 2020
If love the same, following. What about an app for your phone? Same question stands for an app though... which is easiest and the most simple.

Infex

Jan 20, 2020
Tessenderlo, Belgium
If love the same, following. What about an app for your phone? Same question stands for an app though... which is easiest and the most simple.
I've used my phone as a gps device before (trailforks, komoot, viewranger) all worked great. But I could not stand the fact that the the phone would not be mounted rock solid on the handlebars (it would flop around, and when riding some gnarly trails, the last thing I want to be thinking about is the phone coming off the bars). I was using the armor-x mount at the time. the framebag mounts and all others are utter garbage in my oppinion. Also, battery life of my phone would be OK when navigating for shorter rides. But when I take my bike for longer rides (+5 hours) the battery would not make it untill the end.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles