Anyone snow foam their bike?

KODAKHODAK

May 22, 2023
Australia
Been using a foam gun for 4 years on my Santa Cruz Bronson V3 and cant fault the bike, still performs like its new and now odd sounds. basically wash my bike after ever ride without fail as the bike lives indoors.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Does anyone use the two bucket wash method with grit guards after the snow foam has been rinsed off, yeah I know it’s a bit extreme and I know I’m going to get some stick, but for anyone that is anal about keeping their bike in great condition it’s the best method and it’s kind to the paintwork, just rinse off with a weak shower of water 😁 just one other thing, don’t use a sponge 😉

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
Does anyone use the two bucket wash method with grit guards after the snow foam has been rinsed off, yeah I know it’s a bit extreme and I know I’m going to get some stick, but for anyone that is anal about keeping their bike in great condition it’s the best method and it’s kind to the paintwork, just rinse off with a weak shower of water 😁 just one other thing, don’t use a sponge 😉
This is how I do it, it’s the same way I wash my cars. Two buckets with grit guards and a wash mitt, I have a wash mitt I use specifically for my bikes.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
This is how I do it, it’s the same way I wash my cars. Two buckets with grit guards and a wash mitt, I have a wash mitt I use specifically for my bikes.
Me too mate, I get all my detailing mitts and microfibre towels for my car from “the rag company “ and the stuff for my bike is a mixture of Mucoff and Park with brushes from Aldi, Park and Mucoff, I’ve found the stiff brush from Aldi to be the best for cleaning the tread of my tyres especially when I’ve picked up a dog egg 😖

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Well I bought a foam gun off aliexpress as I wanted to try it out first after spending a bunch.
Got this Bearforce foamgun for 17 euros, free delivery and got it in 5 days from China to belgium.
So far pretty happy with it as the quality seems great for the price and it foam pretty good( still messing around with it and only tried it with some peatys bike cleaner), foam tickness and spray width can be changed.
20230608_181337.jpg

20230608_175710.jpg

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I started off using plenty of water then using a pet dryer. I found later found the freehub bearings full of water, so I'd been blasting it in, not out!!

Nowadays I do the minimum washing. Chain and cassette only most of the time. Mud is brushed off dry from links etc. The frame a wipe with a damp cloth.

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
I use this to dry the bike, it’s brilliant.

You have way too much time on your hands.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Well I bought a foam gun off aliexpress as I wanted to try it out first after spending a bunch.
Got this Bearforce foamgun for 17 euros, free delivery and got it in 5 days from China to belgium.
So far pretty happy with it as the quality seems great for the price and it foam pretty good( still messing around with it and only tried it with some peatys bike cleaner), foam tickness and spray width can be changed.
View attachment 117207
View attachment 117208
Your better off using the wide spray pattern, that way you won’t spray into places that it will harm 👍

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Can I just offer some non patronising advice about pressure washers and bikes and even cars too, I see so many people using pressure washers with the lance tip way too close, even some car detailers are guilty of this, this will be obvious to some people but all your doing is blasting water into places where it’s not supposed to go, some cheaper cleaning solutions contain salt, I know most bikes are made of alloy, some carbon fibre if your a baller 😁 so it’s not an issue, but some people still ride steel bikes and salt loves steel, that’s the other reason I mentioned about cars, I’m not saying pressure washers are bad, just keep well back when rinsing, this is only meant as advice to anyone that’s new to pressure washers 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles