Anyone know what this might mean?

Hayes 89

Jan 5, 2022
Gloucester
IMG_20220105_194357.jpg

basically 2 light bars (the 2 lowest/empty ones) don't light up green when fully charged and stay a dim red. Didn't use to do this and doesn't seem to have affected performance but would be interesting to know what's happened here. My gut feeling is some moisture/water has got into the console somehow, but if anyone has had this issue would be good to know? Thanks in advance

Hayes 89

Jan 5, 2022
Gloucester

Hayes 89

Jan 5, 2022
Gloucester
IMG_20220110_174312.jpg

Taken battery off. Hav it on charge and the lights don't look to healthy. The performance is fine although I'll only get a couple hours on a full charge. Might be time for a new battery by the looks of things. Shame there so expensive

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Put the battery somewhere warm and allow the water to dry off. It will probably be fine. :)

Story One: In the days of TVs that used to have a big cathode ray tube out the back and were like items of furniture, my wife insisted on having a pot plant on top of the TV. She overwatered it one day while I was watching and the TV started fizzing and popping. I leaped from my chair and switched it off, pulled out the plug etc. I used her hair drier to dry out the back of the set, it had valves and stuff in there! Half an hour later it was fine. The soaking had no effect!!

Story Two: A number of years ago, when I still worked for a living, I was arguing with our Loss Prevention guy about having water sprinklers in the computer room. I said the computers would be trash after being soaked, so why go to the expense of fitting sprinklers? He said that a company he visited made a living from buying and selling fire damaged electrical equipment (computers, TVs etc). Most of the damage was smoke damage to the cases, so they were placed in a bath of soapy water and given a good scrubbing. They were then rinsed, dried off and placed in a well-ventilated drying room. They were then tested and sold. The soaking had had no effect!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles