Anybody fitted a dropper post to a Fullseven 4 2021.

MrPinny

May 7, 2019
Kent UK
would like a clean looking install so would like a stealth dropper if possible, with cables hidden in the frame. im thinking I would have to drop the motor, just asking if anyone has done something similar so I know what to expect.
Thanks in advance

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Just replaced the entire cable on mine this evening as it happens. Turn the bike upside down. Take the motor out. Feed cable in. Replace. 30mins.

MrPinny

May 7, 2019
Kent UK
Thanks for the reply, can I ask do you only see the cable where it comes out the top tube near handlebars. Any photos?

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
Correct. The only visible portion is from the lever to the front of the head tube.
It’s critical to get the seat height correct before you cut the outer cable to length otherwise the cable gets squashed/kinked inside the seat tube.

Install the dropper with the cable attached, set the required height the pull back most of the slack then cut it to length at the bar remote. You may have to take it all out again to feed the inner cable through but it’s worth doing. Leave enough slack for slight seat height adjustment, this can be pushed into the down tube without causing a kink.

MrPinny

May 7, 2019
Kent UK
Correct. The only visible portion is from the lever to the front of the head tube.
It’s critical to get the seat height correct before you cut the outer cable to length otherwise the cable gets squashed/kinked inside the seat tube.

Install the dropper with the cable attached, set the required height the pull back most of the slack then cut it to length at the bar remote. You may have to take it all out again to feed the inner cable through but it’s worth doing. Leave enough slack for slight seat height adjustment, this can be pushed into the down tube without causing a kink.
Thanks for the advice, I’ve just got to be brave and drop the motor and have a look at what I’m dealing with. Cheers

MrPinny

May 7, 2019
Kent UK
well I dropped the motor down and I found the hole from the seat post (orange cable) so I think its possible to install a stealth dropper post :)(y) cables then run up above the battery and out the grommet. well thats the plan anyway

IMG_0757.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles