Any under 25s here?

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
Hi.

Have fun on this forum. Dudes here have lots of experience…..in life and we’re all happy to give our unsolicited advice for free; Keep your nose clean, make enough money so the women chase you and sign a pre-nup!
Thank you :D I've already been picking the wise brains on this forum rather persistently and it's been very helpful😂

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Indeed. Heed the sage advice of the elderly granny chaser.
Neti will keep you breathing well, covid free, and riding strong.
Make enough money to buy all the things you need.
Find a woman who makes enough money to buy all the things she needs.

As you meander along the mountain bike trail that is your life,
You will come across a huge gap jump.
Huck it.
It is not as far as you think.

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
a rare breed, my son rides an ebike but he doesnt come to the forum, he is 17 so im not even sure that he is aware that forums exist.. more than likely though, forums are a boomer thing.
Yeah the only people I know my age who ride ebikes are all people who got an illness and are getting an ebike to get back into the sport and recover.

Kinda tragic really, pinkbike was a cornerstone of me getting really into mtb

Twindaddy

Nov 29, 2022
Chino Hills
I think the association with ebikes and lack of endurance/ability to climb need to stop. You dont have to be elderly, ill, or weak to enjoy an ebike. I am perfectly capable of climbing with an analog bike and I still do, but the eeb is just more fun by a wide margin. No matter what shape you are in, the eeb will allow you to get more runs.

I was climbing the other day and caught up with a group of XC riders. Not one was willing to let me by. The lady ahead of me says “you are way to young for an ebike”. Im almost 50, but thats besides the point. Lady, you enjoy going uphill, I enjoy the downs, and mind your business about what Im too young for. If I sound annoyed thats because I am….the ebike comments are tiring.

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
I think the association with ebikes and lack of endurance/ability to climb need to stop. You dont have to be elderly, ill, or weak to enjoy an ebike. I am perfectly capable of climbing with an analog bike and I still do, but the eeb is just more fun by a wide margin. No matter what shape you are in, the eeb will allow you to get more runs.

I was climbing the other day and caught up with a group of XC riders. Not one was willing to let me by. The lady ahead of me says “you are way to young for an ebike”. Im almost 50, but thats besides the point. Lady, you enjoy going uphill, I enjoy the downs, and mind your business about what Im too young for. If I sound annoyed thats because I am….the ebike comments are tiring.
I agree entirely, it was just when I was well I couldn't justify the money spending on a nice ebike😂

Twindaddy

Nov 29, 2022
Chino Hills
Wasnt directing my annoyance at you at all beanzz, just the general attitude towards ebikes. They’ve been around for years now and there are still dinosaurs out there that cant wrap their head around others having fun that is different than their idea of what mtb’ing is.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I think the association with ebikes and lack of endurance/ability to climb need to stop. You dont have to be elderly, ill, or weak to enjoy an ebike. ...............
Just rich enough to be able to afford one, or to have a relative who can buy you one or give you their old one.
My 15-year-old grandson is perfectly fit enough not to need an emtb and has little difficulty in keeping up with me (except on the climbs of course). But boy does he love riding my emtb!!! He would climb over his X-box and Nike trainers to get to my bike! :ROFLMAO:

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I was climbing the other day and caught up with a group of XC riders. Not one was willing to let me by. The lady ahead of me says “you are way to young for an ebike”.

You gotta cut the XC lady a little slack. Those riders aren't much different than roadies: no skill, can't ride the good trails, they're dirty, smelly, and their clothing is totally lame.

Tomorrow I'll be in your 'hood. Gotta get in a ride before the wind and rain start.

Twindaddy

Nov 29, 2022
Chino Hills
You gotta cut the XC lady a little slack. Those riders aren't much different than roadies: no skill, can't ride the good trails, they're dirty, smelly, and their clothing is totally lame.

Tomorrow I'll be in your 'hood. Gotta get in a ride before the wind and rain start.
Haha. Nothing against XC peeps. I have an XC hardtail and still take it out for long rides. Riders (including the aforementioned type), dont like when hikers take up the trail and insist on not moving over, so why do it to someone else climbing a bit faster? Strange.

Anyhow, enjoy the ride. Im going to try to make it out as well since the rest of the week is looking shot.

dthree

Aug 8, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
Cost might be another factor skewing age higher. I know 25 year-old me would have fainted at the cost of my EMTB, even adjusted for inflation, and I have the "low-end" model.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I gave up analogue mtb when I was 68 and bought a Levo..........so yes for me it had something to do with my strength/fitness although mtb was really only a no wind activity...otherwise I would be windsurfing. I mostly ride downhill forest trails and the first thing I really noted when I changed to the Levo was that the fun to pain ratio changed from 10/90 to 100/0%. The second thing that became apparent was that riding UP a technical downhill run was just as much fun and required just as much skill as blatting down it! Im 72 now and riding more than ever and my speed and skill level has increased a lot ( albeit I still have the occasional crash!!).
My son is in his early 40s and is strong and fit. He divides his riding time between MTB and road riding. Everytime he rode with me once I had the Levo he ended up completely ragged at the end of the ride and, yes, he was in the camp that thought EMTBs were just for us oldies!! I bought a Whyte E180RS as a second ( more enduro oriented)bike and when we had a chance to ride together I lent him the E180. It took one ride for him to admit he had to get a EMTB! He could not believe the fun factor. He could not pass anything that looked like an impossible climb without trying it.............he was constantly going "off piste"............because you can............just to see what was over the hill. He kept telling me "ugh, I would have to get off and push if I was on my analogue bike".
He has his own Levo Comp now.......still does his road riding............and OK he uses lower assist modes than me most of any ride, but there is no way he would now entertain mtb on an alanlogue bike.

So if Covid has left you weaker than before, yes, the EMTB will help compensate and improve your fitness, but in the process you will get hooked!!

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
Covid has left you weaker than before, yes, the EMTB will help compensate and improve your fitness, but in the process you will get hooked!!
Oh I'm already very much hooked 😂 I've had maybe a total of 4 hours on various different ebikes and from the very first time I got on one I was like I need one :p

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
I am just curious cos I am under 25.
I don't expect there to be many to be perfectly honest, given that people at my age don't often need an ebike😂.
Anyways hi
My son is 24 and has been riding his ebike for 18 months and loves it. I also lik ethe fact that I have a spare bik ewhen he's not using it ! 😂

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
I gave up analogue mtb when I was 68 and bought a Levo..........so yes for me it had something to do with my strength/fitness although mtb was really only a no wind activity...otherwise I would be windsurfing. I mostly ride downhill forest trails and the first thing I really noted when I changed to the Levo was that the fun to pain ratio changed from 10/90 to 100/0%. The second thing that became apparent was that riding UP a technical downhill run was just as much fun and required just as much skill as blatting down it! Im 72 now and riding more than ever and my speed and skill level has increased a lot ( albeit I still have the occasional crash!!).
My son is in his early 40s and is strong and fit. He divides his riding time between MTB and road riding. Everytime he rode with me once I had the Levo he ended up completely ragged at the end of the ride and, yes, he was in the camp that thought EMTBs were just for us oldies!! I bought a Whyte E180RS as a second ( more enduro oriented)bike and when we had a chance to ride together I lent him the E180. It took one ride for him to admit he had to get a EMTB! He could not believe the fun factor. He could not pass anything that looked like an impossible climb without trying it.............he was constantly going "off piste"............because you can............just to see what was over the hill. He kept telling me "ugh, I would have to get off and push if I was on my analogue bike".
He has his own Levo Comp now.......still does his road riding............and OK he uses lower assist modes than me most of any ride, but there is no way he would now entertain mtb on an alanlogue bike.

So if Covid has left you weaker than before, yes, the EMTB will help compensate and improve your fitness, but in the process you will get hooked!!
My son jumped to ebike when he found them as playful as his very lightweight and awesome full carbon mtb. And ditto - lets just session hat climb and descent and try a different line. But with you on the "it's a light wind hobby" Mike. FYI that's me crashing and not my son on my profile pic 👍

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I am just curious cos I am under 25.
I don't expect there to be many to be perfectly honest, given that people at my age don't often need an ebike😂.
Anyways hi
I'm a Buckie Lugger , but you're a Lucky Bugger . By the time your my age ebike problems will be history , enjoy the next forty years pal. 😉

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland

Yes too many people like to give you their opinions. Plus nobody likes to get passed on a uphill . Loud long farting and laughing on the way passed usually gets everyone going as well. Take care now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles