Any Radon riders out there?

scoffcrudle

Feb 19, 2019
Scotland
Hey! I'm in the market for a new bike and I have it down to two options, either the Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC SL 625 29 from a LBS or the Radon Render 9. I really like the Radon but cautious of the drawbacks that come with purchasing from an online-only retailer.

I'm just wondering if there are any other Radon riders here and what their thoughts are on owning the bikes and any experience of dealing with their service centres or warranty issues etc.

Any feedback greatly received.

Thanks.

Intermtb

Jan 5, 2020
USA
I bought my bike online. not radon. I work on my bike my self, rarely go to bike shop. if you're pretty mechanically good, buying online is fine. for motor issue, you can always email the online store or go straight to motor manufacture for warranty. you have proof of purchase anyway.
good luck.

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
I see you are from Scotland.

Radon have a tie up with a bike shop in Oban so that you can use them as your LBS for collection/warranty etc if you chose that option during the check out process (there is a small fee for this).

Not much use if you are in the Central Belt however if you are northern based it could be reasuring. Good luck with it.

scoffcrudle

Feb 19, 2019
Scotland
Looked at one but don't think they are shipping till 25th June at earliest so you probably won't find any current riders.
I emailed them asking about availability and they said they'll have them by week 29, which is w/c July 13th. They then need 20 days to build the bikes and 7 days shipping.

scoffcrudle

Feb 19, 2019
Scotland
I see you are from Scotland.

Radon have a tie up with a bike shop in Oban so that you can use them as your LBS for collection/warranty etc if you chose that option during the check out process (there is a small fee for this).

Not much use if you are in the Central Belt however if you are northern based it could be reasuring. Good luck with it.
Thanks for the reply Cisco. I spoke the Oban guys, they said they signed up as a service partner for Radon a while back so that we could help out a customer who regretted buying online!!! Plus the support and margins that Radon offers independent shops means they can't stock or sell them. There nobody else in Scotland atm unfortunately.

Spreaders

May 4, 2020
Cornwall
I emailed them asking about availability and they said they'll have them by week 29, which is w/c July 13th. They then need 20 days to build the bikes and 7 days shipping.

Since lockdown I have ordered 2 bikes from them, one after delivery of the other. Just be aware they are taking every bit of the required time to build and dispatch. Also the times stated on their website are "working days" so makes for quite a delay.

I have a minor issue with the most recent bike and am in limbo as they are taking 5 working days to reply to e-mails. I do not want to ride it until I am sure they will be doing the right thing so worst case I can return. Arguably over cautious but using this minor issue to see how their service is.

scoffcrudle

Feb 19, 2019
Scotland
Since lockdown I have ordered 2 bikes from them, one after delivery of the other. Just be aware they are taking every bit of the required time to build and dispatch. Also the times stated on their website are "working days" so makes for quite a delay.

I have a minor issue with the most recent bike and am in limbo as they are taking 5 working days to reply to e-mails. I do not want to ride it until I am sure they will be doing the right thing so worst case I can return. Arguably over cautious but using this minor issue to see how their service is.
Thanks for the insight Spreaders, very helpful and good info there on the timescales...didn't realise it was working days! What models did you go for? Can I ask what your issue is? Keep in touch, I'd be interested to hear how it all pans out for you.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles