Other Any news on 2022 Levo Alloy models being released.

Hob Nob

Jun 4, 2020
UK
Alright Gary, calm down… ?

Yeah, the tyres are shite, but so are the tyres on the ‘22 Levo, and they’re easily changed. The seat tube is a potential issue for me too, which is harder to overcome

I’m no pinner but it was definitely easier to chuck around than my Rail, despite me being very comfortable on the Rail.

On a similar note the Bullit is also lighter than my Rail and was also easier to chuck around.

My point isn’t that the KSL specifically is better than anything else, but IMO lighter is better.

The Rail does have a bit of heft to it, I can see why it felt different for sure.

The KSL is lighter, I used the stock Expert as an example, which was 19kg with pedals, put some decent tyres on it, its 20, which was only 3kg less than my Levo.

Personally 22/23 seems to be fine, my Rail was just under 24, which seemed to be the tipping point, but unless it’s 16kg, I’m struggling to see the benefit at this stage to half fat bikes, give it few years and we will probably be there though ?

crembz

Sep 4, 2021
Australia
The Rail does have a bit of heft to it, I can see why it felt different for sure.

The KSL is lighter, I used the stock Expert as an example, which was 19kg with pedals, put some decent tyres on it, its 20, which was only 3kg less than my Levo.

Personally 22/23 seems to be fine, my Rail was just under 24, which seemed to be the tipping point, but unless it’s 16kg, I’m struggling to see the benefit at this stage to half fat bikes, give it few years and we will probably be there though ?
My Levo SL is 16.7kg with pedals (will probably go up to 17kg with a fork/shock upgrade). I quite like how it feels pointed downhill ... I have not ever thought 'wow this emtb is heavy'. I am curious about what a full fat levo would feel like ... but then again maybe all that's needed is for spec to unlock an extra 15nm on that motor. There are moments I feel like the assist could be assisting more.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Am I right in thinking “the new 22 Levo is really a 21 Levo . Rumours are a newer 22 Levo will be out in 22 ( but will it be called a 23 ) so the 22 Levo alu comp which is actually a 21 Levo alu comp will be basically a 20/21 Levo alu comp with new 22/21 colours !

bikeguy11

Subscriber
Oct 9, 2019
Oregon
They are supposed to be an improvement over the old tyres, but that doesn't necessarily make them good. I had the front wash out on me on flat corners a couple of times.
I've got a friend with a 2022 Levo Pro. Was having all kinds of problems with the stock tires washing out. He changed them to Assegai front and Dissector rear and says it's like a completely different bike, in a good way.

killjoyken

Mar 10, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
I've got a friend with a 2022 Levo Pro. Was having all kinds of problems with the stock tires washing out. He changed them to Assegai front and Dissector rear and says it's like a completely different bike, in a good way.

Yep, Assegai Maxx Grip on the front and DHR2 Maxx Terra for the rear. The new Specialized tires are better than the old 2019 stuff (that were hot garbage) but still can't compare to Maxxis. The Dissector is a fast tire that corners well, but the DHR2 blows it away in braking and climbing traction.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Yep, Assegai Maxx Grip on the front and DHR2 Maxx Terra for the rear. The new Specialized tires are better than the old 2019 stuff (that were hot garbage) but still can't compare to Maxxis. The Dissector is a fast tire that corners well, but the DHR2 blows it away in braking and climbing traction.
Unless the weather is cold. Maxxis compound hardened at +6 Celsius. In my experience, Spesh T9 does not yet harden at those temperatures.
But if you only ride in warm conditions, it doesn’t matter.

I have a Maxxis DHF 2.5 WT on the front of one of my bikes and a Spesh Butcher T9 on the other. The operation is quite similar, except the Butcher has better damping.

Canmore TLCC 29

Jun 16, 2020
Canmore, AB Canada
As the title really.

Really liking the look of the new Gen 3 Levo but the carbon frame prices are crazy.

Has anyone heard any news or rumours about specialized releasing an alloy framed model soon?
My wife has a 2022 Turbo Levo Alloy on order. We are expecting the same price for this entry level Turbo Levo as I paid for my 2020 Turbo Levo Comp Carbon July 2020! Crazy eh?

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
[QUOTE = "crembz, publicación: 342317, miembro: 20035"]
Los contacté al respecto y dijeron que saldrá este año. Tenían como objetivo este mes, sin embargo, con la tormenta mundial de covid podría retrasarse.
[/ CITA]

El conjunto de ángulos de Canecreek ha existido durante muchos many años.. AngleSet - Cane Creek Cycling Components
Do’o you’o speak’o englese’o ?
Is that still acceptable nowadays ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Do’o you’o speak’o englese’o ?
Is that still acceptable nowadays ?
You need to type slower and louder while flailing your arms around like Al Harrington’s Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tubemen.

And no, technically it’s not still acceptable.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
I contacted them about it and they said it will be out this year. They were aiming at this month however with the global covid sh!storm it might get delayed

But you asked for your LevoSL right? Is it the same?

I was gonna write them email as well :- D But work got in way. It would be nice if their solution is safe to use on SL, will buy straight away.

crembz

Sep 4, 2021
Australia
But you asked for your LevoSL right? Is it the same?

I was gonna write them email as well :- D But work got in way. It would be nice if their solution is safe to use on SL, will buy straight away.
I asked for compatibility with specialized headsets ... Meaning a 42mm top bearing rather than a 41mm which is what they currently sell.

Canmore TLCC 29

Jun 16, 2020
Canmore, AB Canada
I have a 2020 Turbo Levo Comp Carbon and love it! But I wonder about an opportunity my wife and I have to buy a new 2021 SL. We have a 2022 Turbo Levo Alloy on order for my wife and expect it will arrive around June. Another bike shop called to let use know they have a 2021 Turbo Levo SL due to arrive at the end of the week. We originally looked at the SL, and we very nearly bought it, but had a problem with the price. It was significantly more than my COMP CARBON.

It looks like the 2022 Turbo Levo will will be a better bike value overall with the added power and battery, but the value comes with added weight. The 2022 will cost much less than the 2021 SL, (Super Light). I can't know if the reduced weight of the SL will benefit my wife's riding enough to justify the additional cost. I would love to hear from Specialized Forum readers whether it would be best to wait for the 2022 Turbo Levo, or get the SL 1/2 a year sooner. Time value of money and grabbing some new upgrades says; be patient and wait for the new model. My wife is not chomping at the bit to get out on a bike with ski season starting. Thoughts?

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria
I have a 2020 Turbo Levo Comp Carbon and love it! But I wonder about an opportunity my wife and I have to buy a new 2021 SL. We have a 2022 Turbo Levo Alloy on order for my wife and expect it will arrive around June. Another bike shop called to let use know they have a 2021 Turbo Levo SL due to arrive at the end of the week. We originally looked at the SL, and we very nearly bought it, but had a problem with the price. It was significantly more than my COMP CARBON.

It looks like the 2022 Turbo Levo will will be a better bike value overall with the added power and battery, but the value comes with added weight. The 2022 will cost much less than the 2021 SL, (Super Light). I can't know if the reduced weight of the SL will benefit my wife's riding enough to justify the additional cost. I would love to hear from Specialized Forum readers whether it would be best to wait for the 2022 Turbo Levo, or get the SL 1/2 a year sooner. Time value of money and grabbing some new upgrades says; be patient and wait for the new model. My wife is not chomping at the bit to get out on a bike with ski season starting. Thoughts?

I got a 2020 comp and test rode a SL while the reduced weight is nice I could not see myself keeping up with my friends on there full fat bikes.

Canmore TLCC 29

Jun 16, 2020
Canmore, AB Canada
I got a 2020 comp and test rode a SL while the reduced weight is nice I could not see myself keeping up with my friends on there full fat bikes.
Like you, I test rode the 2020 Turbo Levo SL, and found it lacking. That was more than a year ago now, and I am definitely more fit now than then. That said, I am 66 and building muscle is getting far more difficult than it was 20 years ago, so the full power Brose 2.1 motor has been appreciated. I am a far better rider today thanks to having an eMTB to ride on local trails. I have spent more time on technical trails this summer that I would never have considered riding in the past, even with my non-electric-bike. I wonder when the specs and pricing will be available for the Turbo Levo bikes.

Would it be a mistake to get the Alloy version, which may be as much as $1,500 CAD less than the Alloy Comp which may have a 700 Wh battery vs a 500 Wh battery? Knowing how much $1,500 will buy is really pretty important right now, with no understanding now when we are placing our order so we don't have to wait too long.

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria
Would it be a mistake to get the Alloy version, which may be as much as $1,500 CAD less than the Alloy Comp which may have a 700 Wh battery vs a 500 Wh battery? Knowing how much $1,500 will buy is really pretty important right now, with no understanding now when we are placing our order so we don't have to wait too long.

I would say it depends, as I understand the bike is for your wife so if she is lighter than you (my guess 15-20kg), you may get the same range but if you are thinking about upgrading the battery those 1500$ are gone as well and you would still have the lower spec of the entry level bike. For me the alu comp is the best bang for the buck since they come with the 700Wh battery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles